UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hortonron Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1957255  
Subject: Liberal agendas and the military Date: 11/21/2000 10:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
This new thread is in response to comments made by fishfinder (on the "This horrendous anti-military vote may.." thread)

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=13752047)

I replied to part of it in the original thread.

It got way OT of the original thread subject so I started this thread. The italicized comments are fishfinder's from the above post.

Being gay is NOT a "lifestyle", a "choice", or "behavior", improper or otherwise. It's in the genes,

...and has been part of humanity since ...

http://hcqsa.virtualave.net/

Murder has also been a part of humanity since Cain and Abel. Alcoholism has also been there since alcohol was discovered. There are also studies that show alcoholism is genetically based. The research was done much the same way it was done with the homosexual research.

http://alcoholism.about.com/health/alcoholism/library/weekly/aa990517.htm

http://alcoholism.about.com/health/alcoholism/library/blnaa18.htm

The US military does not allow it's personnel to abuse alcohol either. An alcoholic will be treated and if he/she relapses will be discharged. Similiar, because someone participated in homosexual activity does not disqualify him from military service. However, if he/she continues to live that lifestyle or participate in homosexual behavior, they will be discharged. I have seen many folks with alcoholism perform their duties superbly. Many times, you don't even know they have alcoholism. But if left unchecked causes problems which unit commanders do not have time nor the assets to deal with. Alcoholism, like homosexual lifestyles are not conducive to military service for a variety of reasons. Because a person was once homosexual does not disqualify him/her from military service. Much the same as a person who used to abuse alcohol.

It's evident (homosexuality) throughout nature,...

There are many animals that have multiple mates too. To compare human beings to other animals is a far stretch. We have the capability to think and control most of our actions. So, because sheep engage in homosexual acts does not mean it is natural for human beings to do it. Because it has been a part of humanity and nature does not make it right. There are many bad things that have been a part of humanity and nature.

My friend, like I mentioned in an earlier post, our country was founded and built on Biblical principles. Homosexuality is forbidden in the Bible just like murder, adultry, drunkeness, sexual misconduct, etc., which are not tolerated in the military. If homosexuality was such a natural occurrence why would God strictly forbid something he intended for humans to do. Democrats and Liberals, using spin and assorted other crap, are taking us down a road of moral decline as they come up with studies to further their agendas. They are reducing that same moral standard that founded and made this country great.

You say the military doesn't tolerate bigots. Well, apparently they tolerate at least one...

Calling me a bigot is uncalled for and counter productive. Name calling and attempting to portray themselves as victims is something Liberals and those who present arguments that don't hold water do as a last resort. I have been in the operational US Navy for 18 years. I have participated and commanded a fighter squadron in combat operations. I have seen, first hand, the effects homosexual behavior has had on moral and good order and discipline in a fighting organization. Just as I have seen the effect that those with uncontrolled alcoholism have on a unit. I have integrated women into my squadron. I think I am qualified, as are our highest ranked military officers, to make assessments on what is good and not good for a military unit. We have been on the front line in war and peace. Can you say the same? Most Liberals and most of those in the gay rights movement are not qualified to make those assessments. Let those who are qualified to make those assessments make those assessments. Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and Barney Frank are not qualified to do any such thing. They are interested in one thing -- getting votes and furthering personal agendas.

Yes, there have been gay people in our military that have done well. That is why their skills have nothing to do with it. However, once their lifestyle is uncovered, they immediatley lose all credibility and the abilty to function and lead as the military needs them to do. It doesn't matter whether that is right or wrong, they are the facts of life in a military organization.

As I said before, the military is not the place for social experiments. Homosexuals in the military is exactly that -- a Liberal social experiment. Our military is chartered to protect America's interests and do her bidding. Their mission is not to further the agendas of individual groups and organizations.

Ron
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement