Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: americanray Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 166917  
Subject: Liberal Theory Date: 1/29/2012 6:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 19
I haven't seen any Urban Legends posted lately, perhaps this qualifies or perhaps it's just true......

Liberal Theory

Simply stated, the theory asserts that liberals are persons who lack the gene that allows humans to mentally process reality. Until the exact gene is located, it will remain a theory. However, until then, much empirical evidence of the liberals’ inability to process reality exists to support the theories premise.

By the way, Lenin accurately defined liberals as "useful idiots.” Today, America’s useful idiots are proving useful in bringing harm to America from within as well as from without.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: SpendItIfUGotIt Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151037 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/29/2012 7:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 57
This really belongs on the political boards, but bear in mind it was a bunch of greedy conservatives that started the sub-prime loans and got us where we are today... a liberal president can only pull us back from the brink a little at a time. I guess you know who my vote will be for next election.

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151038 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/29/2012 7:35 PM
Recommendations: 1
Nice try.

No cigar.

Author: JonathanRoth Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151039 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/29/2012 7:54 PM
Recommendations: 7
Please take this to PA

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151042 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/29/2012 10:55 PM
Recommendations: 3
This really belongs on the political boards,

You're right on that much, but wrong on pretty much everything else that follows.

And you can't pull back from the brink, or even slow your arrival at the brink, by slamming your foot down as hard as you can manage on the gas pedal. (Like our last four presidents have done.)

Author: PinotPete Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151069 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/30/2012 3:25 PM
Recommendations: 4
By the way, Lenin accurately defined liberals as "useful idiots.”

I'm not sure Lenin is the best person to cite (in any context).

However, there is a little story for the Board that may bring it back to its purpose:

Ivanov has just applied to the Communist Party. The party committee conducts an interview.

"Comrade Ivanov, do you smoke?"

"Yes, I do a little."

"Do you know that comrade Lenin did not smoke and advised other communists not to smoke?"

"If comrade Lenin said so, I shall cease smoking."

"Do you drink?"

"Yes, a little."

"Comrade Lenin strongly condemned drunkenness."

"Then I shall cease drinking."

"Comrade Ivanov, what about women?"

"A little...."

"Do you know that comrade Lenin strongly condemned amoral behavior?"

"If comrade Lenin condemned it, I shall not love them any longer."

"Comrade Ivanov, will you be ready to sacrifice your life for the Party?"

"Of course. Who needs such a life?"

Best,
Pete

Author: spookysquid Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151070 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/30/2012 3:29 PM
Recommendations: 4
Simply stated, the theory asserts that liberals are persons who lack the gene that allows humans to mentally process reality. Until the exact gene is located, it will remain a theory. However, until then, much empirical evidence of the liberals’ inability to process reality exists to support the theories premise.

It's an urban legend that this is the correct use of the word "theory".

-spookysquid

Author: jjbklb Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151071 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 1/30/2012 3:37 PM
.." This really belongs on the political boards, but bear in mind it was a bunch of greedy conservatives that started the sub-prime loans ..

Barney Frank!....Barney Frank!..Barney Frank!

Author: horacekgl Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 151108 of 166917
Subject: Re: Liberal Theory Date: 2/1/2012 7:30 AM
Chris Dodd Chris Dodd Chris Dodd

But at least he thought he was doing good; Barney has no delusions about what he is/was doing to destroy America.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement