UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757793  
Subject: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/7/2013 4:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Bank of America has reportedly frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms...our Web site orders have jumped 500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were -- ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’”(emphasis added)

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/bank-americ...

------

Probably part of the 3 billion dollar settlement they just did with the government on home foreclosures........ we'll only whack you 3 billion if you don't loan money to any gun manufacturer...

Time for the Chinese to move in....

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665000 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/7/2013 5:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Tonight on Piers Morgan, smarmy Morgan will interview the person who started the White House petition calling for Morgan's deportment. I hope Morgan can keep a civil tongue in his fat head.

Morgan said on a pre-show interview that England's ban on assault weapons was the reaction to a Newtown-like massacre in (I think he said) Wales. After the Brits banned assault weapons, England's death toll due to guns declined to 35. That's right...3-5.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/192/number_of_gun_...

Why not try a ban on new assault weapon sales and see what happens?

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665039 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/7/2013 7:41 PM
Probably part of the 3 billion dollar settlement they just did with the government on home foreclosures........ we'll only whack you 3 billion if you don't loan money to any gun manufacturer...

Ah, but this isn't about loans.

It's about bank deposits.

The gun seller wants to be able to actually use money it has deposited in its bank account. The bank is denying it access to that money, because the bank does not approve of the company's lawful business.

Simple answer: fire the bank.

Unfortunately, that can take some effort and expense when you're a big company.

Author: CelloSpice Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665056 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/7/2013 9:44 PM
The gun seller wants to be able to actually use money it has deposited in its bank account. The bank is denying it access to that money, because the bank does not approve of the company's lawful business.

Simple answer: fire the bank.

Unfortunately, that can take some effort and expense when you're a big company.

It's going to take effort no matter who you are. Obviously, the bank has to be fired. Transferring the funds, however, is going to require access to them, and that's what the bank is denying.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665058 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/7/2013 9:48 PM
I might decide to move my stock account...if enough NRA members did it..they could lose a bunch of business......

BOA sucks...

t.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665126 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/8/2013 11:02 AM
Funny aside. I went to the firing range yesterday just to keep my skills up. Walked up to the check in counter to get a lane and they guy said "You have a valuable commodity right there". Ok, I have two pistols, neither of them that special. I guess from the quizzical look on my face he answered "Your ammo".

I guess its getting harder to find. I just thought it was the Christmas rush/hunting season last time I was in Bass Pro.

JLC

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665154 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/8/2013 1:09 PM
Recommendations: 1
I guess from the quizzical look on my face he answered "Your ammo".

I guess its getting harder to find. I just thought it was the Christmas rush/hunting season last time I was in Bass Pro.

and liberals keep claiming that no one needs to store "large" amounts of ammo.

They are wrong of course, we need to store "large" amounts of ammo because liberals keep trying to eliminate the sources of ammo. If ammo was cheap and plentiful, no one would need (or want) to hoard it.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665198 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/8/2013 3:12 PM
If ammo was cheap and plentiful, no one would need (or want) to hoard it.

I'm thinking the next time I'm in Bass Pro I'll get an ammo storage box and a few thousand rounds. Just because.

JLC

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665230 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/8/2013 5:49 PM
"I'm thinking the next time I'm in Bass Pro I'll get an ammo storage box and a few thousand rounds. Just because." - JLC

I was in Wal-mart a few days ago and I bought three boxes of CCI 22 CB Shorts (100 shells/box), 300 shells. The Wal-marts here in town have been out of those particular kinds of shells for about a month and I almost ran out. Tragedy! <grin> The total cost was like ~ $28.00+ ?

The 22 CB short is a sub-sonic little shell that doesn't make a lot of noise since it is sub-sonic, ~ 750 feet/second. It's pretty nice! You should try it.

Art

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665259 of 757793
Subject: Re: Libs go after gun industry - via backdoor Date: 1/8/2013 8:16 PM
The Wal-marts here in town have been out of those particular kinds of shells for about a month and I almost ran out. Tragedy!

The squirrels would not agree. :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement