Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: francessa Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 550  
Subject: life and love Date: 2/20/2003 3:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other.
-- Oscar Wilde

francessa
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Carajillo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 538 of 550
Subject: Re: life and love Date: 2/24/2003 9:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Oh Francessa, now you have started something. Allow me a moment to take down my book of Wilde Aphorisms. Ahh here is one:

"It is only the superficial qualities that last. Man's deeper nature is soon found out."

or,

"Nothing that actually occurs is of the smallest importance."

Author: francessa Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 539 of 550
Subject: Re: life and love Date: 2/26/2003 4:58 PM
Very good ones, Carajillo!;-)

Let's get on:

We live in age when unnecessary things are our only necessities.

Francessa

Author: Carajillo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 540 of 550
Subject: Re: life and love Date: 2/27/2003 12:52 AM
How about:

"The ages live in history through their anachronisms."

Or,

"In examinations the foolish ask questions that the wise cannot answer."

Author: francessa Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 541 of 550
Subject: Re: life and love Date: 2/27/2003 3:44 PM
Recommendations: 1
Hi Carajillo

The first one was new to me.. thanxs a lot.

There's one for you:

I have put my genius into my life; all I've put into my works is my talent.

Francessa

Author: Carajillo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 542 of 550
Subject: Re: life and love Date: 6/23/2003 10:42 PM
Hi Francessa,

I've been away a long time. Life has been rather burdensome of late. Hope you are well. I enjoyed reading this little thread again. When the burdens are lifted, even small things once unnoticed evoke a twinkle of joy.

I feel Wilde was a genius and history indicates that genius can have a downside.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement