Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: twin0564 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Life Insuarance Death Benefit Date: 10/22/2001 2:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My brother recently passed. He was retired military. He converted his SGLI policy upon his dicharge and we are now the beneficiaries of this converted policy. My portion is 50k. What are the tax implications to me as a single parent/head of household and are there avenues that will allow me to lessen the tax bite?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Charlie48K Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54754 of 121219
Subject: Re: Life Insuarance Death Benefit Date: 10/22/2001 5:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If I understand it right, you were the beneficiary on a life insurance policy from your brother? There are no taxes.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement