UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: workwayless Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1488  
Subject: Life on the road for CA couple Date: 5/6/2004 7:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There was a story on the news this evening about a CA couple who chose to sell everything, buy an RV and hit the road. They had been living in Silicon Valley and owned an IT business. With business has not been so good and driven by a desire to escape the hustle of the Valley, they decided on this solution.

Here's their website:

http://www.luvtohavefun.com/

They sound like people who would fit in very well here.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: inparadise Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 521 of 1488
Subject: Re: Life on the road for CA couple Date: 5/6/2004 7:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
There was a story on the news this evening about a CA couple who chose to sell everything, buy an RV and hit the road.

My parents did this RVing full time for about 10 years after they retired. They only bought a house after dad got prostate cancer, which he survived quite nicely. Unfortunately, mom post stroke is a bit beyond RVing, and even their travel is rather limited. They sure had fun while they could though. I thought it was going to kill my dad when he had to sell his RV last year.

InParadise,
who was a direct recipient of their "dispossessing" themselves.

Author: Blackduff Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 522 of 1488
Subject: Re: Life on the road for CA couple Date: 5/7/2004 12:24 PM
Most of the web site is still under construction. They have a bit more work before they head onto the road.

Blackduff

Author: tutone Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 550 of 1488
Subject: Re: Life on the road for CA couple Date: 5/13/2004 3:50 PM
Recommendations: 1
Their first stop is Las Vegas. I hope they're watching out for the nest egg! I'm having Albert Brooks flashbacks . . .

tutone

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement