No. of Recommendations: 0
I am eligible to retire at the end of 1998 and am doing some financial planning. My employer offers only a lifetime annuity option for receiving the defined benefit portion of my retirement, but I'd like some way of accurately assessing its equivalent as a lump sum. This information will be used in planning for asset allocation - as I plan on treating the lump sum amount as if it were invested in a fixed return investment.

Would any of you be willing to share conversion tables used by companies which offer both lump sum and lifetime annuity options? I'll be 52 at the time of retirement.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.