Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Quick question, I paid tuition and books for my wife in graduate school in tax year 2000. She is improving her job so I know it is qualified exspenses. However, she received a cash award from the college. It was not federal money like a pell grant or a loan or anything, I didn't get a 1099 from the school either. I was wondering if I should subtract this from the credit or if I should include it at all. Any information would be appreciated...
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.