UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nordicprince Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: lifting the Cuban embargo Date: 7/31/1998 7:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
seems like the embargo will get lifted in the not too distant future.....what effect will that have on cig/pcig/et.al.?????.....seems very big to me....anyone have any news on the embargo potential?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: aldl Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 15
Subject: Re: lifting the Cuban embargo Date: 8/3/1998 5:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yes, it would be a negative, but what makes you think the embargo is going to be lifted? I don't see any chance of that happening near term.

The big problem is not any pending influx of Cuban cigars, but the disruption in the marketplace caused by cheaper and lower quality cigars. Consumers may also be trading down to lower price points.

Earning will be released on Wednesday for CIG. It will move the stock, one way or the other.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement