Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ricklow Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 15  
Subject: Re: Has JLK hit bottom??? Date: 1/31/1999 12:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Like you, I know this company very well. I have known this company since Joel & Irwin started it - J&L stands for Joel and Laurie. JLK stock is driven by KMT. As you may remember in Sept of last year, top mgmt (M.R. and henchmen) was purged and KMT stepped in with their own guy to run things (same guy that originally set up the purchase of J&L for KMT). He is a finance guy and has made major changes of late i.e. cut resale discounts to dealers. Stopped all acqisitions of traditional dealers (Strong Tool lost tons of $ for JLK). Of all the catalogers JLK has the brightest future for one reason only...KMT.Deep pockets. JLK will do exceptionally well long term because they are on track now and have the backing of one of the most powerful metal working companies in the world. Stay away from MSC - just can't be doing what they are doing - figures don't add up.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement