UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961937  
Subject: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/19/2013 9:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 40
Limbaugh barked on his radio show about how sickening he found Obama's display. "He brings these kids, supposedly who wrote letters to the White House after Newtown ... to paint a picture of support [mocking voice] among the children!" Limbaugh said. He continued in a falsely sympathetic tone, "They don't want to die. How can you not listen to them?"

And Colbert dished it right back, adopting a similar voice. "Boo hoo! I want a pony, I want to go to Disneyland, I want to wake to see another day. Boo hoo!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/colbert-mocks-rush-...

Rush outdid himself this time. The best thing that we can do is to totally ignore him. Stunts like this one are a good reminder.

Jack
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854217 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 8:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Liberals despise the truth.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854223 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 10:50 AM
Recommendations: 6
Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't when American hostages in Algeria got slaughtered and Limbaugh's supporters said nary a peep about it.

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't when he stuck it to the working class and took 2% of their take home pay with NO warning, leaving his out-of-touc-yuppy-conceited-rich-wanabee supporters to say "it was just a return to normal fica"

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't when he put record numbers of Americans on food stamps and welfare.

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't giving taxpayer funds to donors who like typical Liberals, sucked at business and stole the money, or at best squandered it in green bullcrap energy.

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't when he preserved Too Big to Fail.

Limbaugh's finest moments weren't when he picked a Tax-Cheat-Wall Street Crook as Treasury Boss, and then replaced him with a non-tax-cheat-Wall-Street Crook as new Treasury Boss.

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't right after re-election, where all he could do was preserve tax cuts for those earning $399k and make NO progress towards keeping entitlements or the debt solvent.

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't where he launched his career with the help of domestic Liberal terrorists, anti semites(Liberals), or those cheering 9-11 chickens roosting (Liberals)

Limbaugh's finest moment wasn't where (like bigot greedy Liberals) he favored immigration policies that brings America the world's uneducated, and many who would populate social services, and prisons, while immigrants with college degrees would get passed by and instead end up in Canada or NZ.

Limbaugh's finest moment isn't when he's sitting in his Palm Beach Mansion, knowing that Loser Liberals whose 401k was decimated by Wall Street (lol) are in cyberspace whining about him. Limbaugh probably doesnt' care.

Limbaugh's finest moment isn't when Nutrooters claim to want to "ignore him", yet keep writing and recc'ing posts lambasting him. (I know how that one feels, lol)

It's too bad Limbaugh doesn't take his business and show off shore and instead showers you mooches with his generosity at tax-time. At least he's created some wealth and jobs. So much better than being an ex Coke dealer and community racist agitator turned Liberal icon and President.

JediG

Author: alchook Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854224 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 10:51 AM
Recommendations: 3
The best thing that we can do is to totally ignore him.

You’re certainly off to a good start.

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854239 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 12:38 PM
Recommendations: 1
The best thing that we can do is to totally ignore him.

Maybe ... but maybe not. We could pay attention to Rush and regard him as part of the grand comedy tradition of Archie Bunker, Stephen Colbert, etc.

culcha

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854241 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 12:55 PM
" We could pay attention to Rush and regard him as part of the grand comedy tradition of Archie Bunker, Stephen Colbert, etc."

Except that Rush doesn't qualify to wipe their backsides.

Ken

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854244 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 12:58 PM
We could pay attention to Rush and regard him as part of the grand comedy tradition ...

He's not part of any grand comedy tradition. He's a huckster.

huckster - def: "One who uses aggressive, showy, and sometimes devious methods to promote or sell a product.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854247 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 1:03 PM
Owebama ==> "One who uses aggressive, showy, and sometimes devious methods to promote or sell a product. "

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854259 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:04 PM
Rush outdid himself this time. The best thing that we can do is to totally ignore him. Stunts like this one are a good reminder.

If I may? An even better thing to do is write his sponsors. I did that a while back, and like to think that my letters (among the millions of others they received) were why he lost so many sponsors the last time he crossed the line.

He has free speech to say what he says. But I can boycott (and write) his sponsors. To this day I would not even consider using Angie's List (they actually responded to my letter saying they'll sponsor whomever they like), and I never will till my dying day.

1poorguy

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854260 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:05 PM
Al Franken was right. Rush is STILL a big, fat, idiot.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854261 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:05 PM
Recommendations: 0
Owebama ==> "One who uses aggressive, showy, and sometimes devious methods to promote or sell a product. "

What, did community organizers attend sales training seminars on how to peddle white powdery substances?

JediG

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854266 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:12 PM
Recommendations: 4
"Al Franken was right. Rush is STILL a big, fat, idiot. "

LOL nigel, you wouldn't last a minute in debate with Rush over fiscal or economic issues.

Just another classes response from you.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854267 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:13 PM
"What, did community organizers attend sales training seminars on how to peddle white powdery substances?

JediG "

His policies are products.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854275 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:46 PM
Recommendations: 4
["Al Franken was right. Rush is STILL a big, fat, idiot. "]

"LOL nigel, you wouldn't last a minute in debate with Rush over fiscal or economic issues."

I would not enter such a debate, as I have seen his tactics. He is a blowhard and a huckster, nothing more. He has nothing to offer. Regardless, he is still a big, fat, idiot.

"Just another classes response from you."

The word you are looking for is 'classless' not 'classes'. You are welcome.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854276 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:46 PM
Just another classes response from you.

His usual mean spirited self.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854279 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 2:57 PM
I would not enter such a debate, as I have seen his tactics. He is a blowhard and a huckster, nothing more. He has nothing to offer. Regardless, he is still a big, fat, idiot.

My, such a nasty retort...such venomous hate. No one hates like a lib.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854283 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 3:03 PM
" He is a blowhard and a huckster, nothing more."

You are confusing yourself with him!

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854287 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 3:18 PM
Recommendations: 31
"My, such a nasty retort...such venomous hate. No one hates like a lib."
-LM

And yet you always come across as such pleasant person... Not sure which part you thought was 'nasty' or 'venomous hate', but let's take a look;

"I would not enter such a debate, as I have seen his tactics."

Nothing nasty or venomous there.

" He is a blowhard and a huckster, nothing more. "

I'm hardly the first person to point this out, and he purposely is that way - that's how he made a fortune. Is this what you thin of as 'nasty' and 'venomous hate"? I thought it rather mild.

Lastly; "He has nothing to offer. Regardless, he is still a big, fat, idiot."

That must be the one that bothers you. Well, see, it is a little play on the title of Al Franken's book, "RUSH LIMBAUGH IS A BIG FAT IDIOT". It was released in 1999. Very entertaining. You can buy it here;

http://www.amazon.com/Rush-Limbaugh-Big-Fat-Idiot/dp/0440508...

From Amazon's review;

"The frankly Democratic author's shtick reminds us how much of a free ride conservatives have gotten in the mainstream media. For instance, he really drives home the weirdness of the conservatives' preachiness about "family values" in light of Newt Gingrich's and Bob Dole's first marriages, and Rush Limbaugh's first, second and third marriages. And he has great fun with Rush's and Newt's miraculous draft deferments in a chapter where he imagines all of the great conservative "chicken-hawks" out on a Vietnam war patrol under the leadership of Ollie North."

From Publishers Weekly;

"Franken, a writer and performer on Saturday Night Live and in feature films, does to Limbaugh what the conservative talk-show host has been doing to Democratic politicians for years. Using admitted half-truths and out-of-context quotes, he skewers Rush & Friends as no liberal has done in years. Franken does a retrospective of Limbaugh's life from when he "fed off the largesse of the government in the form of unemployment insurance"; how he failed to register to vote until he was 35; how he used two airline coach seats to fit his opulent hind-quarters; and how he got a 4-F deferment because of a pilonidal cyst... There are two hilarious sketches: "My 'Conversation' with Rush Limbaugh" uses out-of-context quotes to corner Rush in much the same way that Limbaugh once had a "conversation" with Hillary Clinton; and "Operation Chickenhawk," with Ollie North leading Vietnam draft-dodgers Limbaugh, Quayle, Buchanan, George Will and Clarence Thomas to their demises in Asian rice paddies. Franken also doesn't have anything nice to say about Newt Gingrich, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Phil Gramm and others of the haranguing right. A mean-spirited, albeit funny, diatribe that will delight liberals."

Thanks for the opportunity to promote this book, LM. It is a personal favorite.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854288 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 3:21 PM
"Thanks for the opportunity to promote this book, LM. It is a personal favorite. "

LOL Nigel's now pimping for Al Franken.

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854298 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 4:19 PM
To this day I would not even consider using Angie's List (they actually responded to my letter saying they'll sponsor whomever they like), and I never will till my dying day.

Does Angie's List sponsor Limbaugh? If so, I want to write to them too.
Maybe if they get enough letters they'll "see the light."

Jack

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854304 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 4:49 PM
Recommendations: 5
No one hates like a lib.

Spoken like a true Limbaugh fan.

I wish that people would stop polluting this thread with such inane responses.

Jack

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854315 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 5:34 PM
The most popular radio show programs are Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern.

----

"It's simply not plausible that the universe appeared out of nowhere/nothing. The chances of that happening, what with the magnificence of the universe and everything in it, is practically nill. But that's what atheists believe.

It's far more plausible that a Creator actually did create the magnificence we see before us. Otherwise, an atheist must believe that nothing that exists has any significance whatsoever.

Why they don't off themselves in droves in utter hopelessness is a mystery to me. "

Wow...remember Carbonite? It was one of the few advertisers that actually left the Rush LImbaugh show. They are sorry now. I'm not sure they are still in business. Millions of listeners also decided that they could do without Carbonite and go to a competitor. They put themselves out of business. No one on talk radio will use them as a sponsor.

On the other hand, those who support Rush use the services of the advertisers in record numbers.

You thought your 'boycott' worked? Ha..it backfired bigger than you can imagine.

t.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854327 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 8:11 PM
And yet you always come across as such pleasant person

Well, thank you nigel. It is nice of you to say so. :)

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854329 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 8:43 PM
Does Angie's List sponsor Limbaugh?

They did last March when Rush's comments sparked a nationwide boycott (and got me writing letters). They told me 'no'. Apparently not anymore (at least in November).

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/17/1162520/-Angie-s-Li...

They could have signed on since, but I don't know.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854331 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 8:58 PM
Recommendations: 8
"It's far more plausible that a Creator actually did create the magnificence we see before us."

It is equally plausible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster did it.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854333 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 9:21 PM
They put themselves out of business.

They did? Was that a recent development? Because at the end of the 3rd Quarter in 2012, they had made over 60 million in revenue in the first 9 months of 2012.

In all of 2011, their revenue was 43 million. Tha't an increase almost 40%.

Author: JohnEBgood Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854343 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/20/2013 11:41 PM
It's simply not plausible that the universe appeared out of nowhere/nothing. The chances of that happening, what with the magnificence of the universe and everything in it, is practically nill. But that's what atheists believe.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why telegraph posted this in a thread about Rush Limbaugh.

Was he trying to tell us that "the creator" gave us the good, the bad, and the Limbaughs?

BTW.....I love that group that was mentioned in one of the posts. It's called "Flush Rush". Perfect. Now I'll forever picture the guy as one big toid. Perfect! (had to do some creative editing to get this posted.
Personally, I think that Rush and Limbaugh should go on the TMF list of profanities)

Jack

Author: CairnDad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854354 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/21/2013 9:20 AM
Limbaugh barked on his radio show about how sickening he found Obama's display. "He brings these kids, supposedly who wrote letters to the White House after Newtown ... to paint a picture of support [mocking voice] among the children!" Limbaugh said. He continued in a falsely sympathetic tone, "They don't want to die. How can you not listen to them?"

Yawn.

Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1854355 of 1961937
Subject: Re: Limbaugh's Finest Moment Date: 1/21/2013 9:21 AM
"The frankly Democratic author's shtick reminds us how much of a free ride conservatives have gotten in the mainstream media. For instance, he really drives home the weirdness of the conservatives' preachiness about "family values" in light of Newt Gingrich's and Bob Dole's first marriages, and Rush Limbaugh's first, second and third marriages. And he has great fun with Rush's and Newt's miraculous draft deferments in a chapter where he imagines all of the great conservative "chicken-hawks" out on a Vietnam war patrol under the leadership of Ollie North."

Have to agree. I've heard the audio book too -- it's read by Al Franken himself, who does great imitations of the characters.

culcha

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement