UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: MrCheeryO Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61162  
Subject: Lime in the Coconut Date: 5/1/2014 12:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
FiveThirtyEight

Americans’ Growing Love of Limes

...Mexico represents about 80 percent of those imports but has been struggling to meet demand because of adverse weather conditions and criminal cartels

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/americans-growing-love-fo...

Yep, Mexican lime criminal cartels. You knew it was just a matter of time. Loves the lime in the vodka/tonic, $1 a small lime last time I bought. Almost fell over. Do the retirees love the limes?

That next export (imports/exports) figure is completely typical of America today. The GDP number was so weak mostly because net exports were down 12% for the quarter. Constant drag on GDP.

Plant more limes. There's big lime money just like there is big crepe money. Eat more limes.

Yeah, this is all big crepe money. There's crepe money?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 57161 of 61162
Subject: Re: Lime in the Coconut Date: 5/1/2014 6:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Yep, Mexican lime criminal cartels. ...$1 a small lime last time I bought.

Yikes. I used to keep limes on hand all the time, just in case--you know, a staple. If a few went bad, eh. Now I rarely buy them, and then it's exactly what I need for a specific purpose. They did seem cheaper when we were in the Southwest last fall.

Despite being a bit more cautious and having supposedly low inflation, I've had to increase the food budget. I used to think healthy/organic food would cost less as more people ate it, increasing the supply, but that's not what happened it seems.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement