UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65358  
Subject: Limits of Apple Mail Date: 1/19/2013 9:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The subject is somewhat misleading, but I could not figure another this morning. I am advising a Windows using on possibly switching to Mac. The biggest item I see is Outlook for Windows. To say the least this person is a power user. Currently she has an Outlook.PST file of about 1.4GB and additional archive PST files that are referred to routinely. The mailbox side bar has dozen's of mail boxes with typically 3 levels of folders. Template usage can be handled with Text Expander. Rules can be created.

But what I do not have a clue about is how well Apple Mail handles really large historic volumes of data. Does it slow down as it reads data? Does is store lots of data in RAM creating other issues?

(Use of Outlook for Mac is not currently the first choice, but any experience on that subject would be appreciated.)

Gordon
Atlanta
Print the post Back To Top
Author: spinning Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62069 of 65358
Subject: Re: Limits of Apple Mail Date: 1/19/2013 7:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I use Mail with an Exchange server and imap. I have 15K messages that take up 800 MB, the mail goes back many years, and I have folders within folders. I don't have any problems.

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 62072 of 65358
Subject: Re: Limits of Apple Mail Date: 1/20/2013 3:53 PM
Likewise. I have over 12,000 messages using up 4GB of space, and I haven't had any problems.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement