Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jjbklb Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11693  
Subject: Lincoln Drive Control Question Date: 12/11/2012 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Re:sport, normal and comfort option settings.

We're waiting for the first 2013 MKZ hybrid to arrive at any nearby dealership (so far,none within 250 miles of home).

DW has test driven many brands.Her top selection is the Volvo.She really likes how it handles.The Volvo is a great car,but I'd prefer her to get the MKZ & I am hoping to optimize her MKZ test drive so she'll be more inclined to pick it.I'm paying,but she'll have final say on the brand she selects.I plan on asking the sales-rep to set the drivers' seat as high as possible for viewing over the hood before she gets there.

Now regarding the question on the Lincoln drive settings & how the low HP engine performs:

First-
When pulling out onto a highway,will having the drive set to 'Sport' get the car to 60mph any faster?(Don't care about speeds faster than that.)

Second-
When in a parking lot & pulling/steering into a space between two cars,will the 'Sport' mode give tighter control?

Thanks for your input.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jjbklb Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11434 of 11693
Subject: Re: Lincoln Drive Control Question Date: 12/11/2012 12:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
And a followup question.The web site says:

"Operates up to 62 miles per hour under normal conditions on electric power alone, using no fuel."

Is there a separate switch/button that has to be activated to do this or is that the default way it works?In other words,when you start the car & go,does the gas motor stay off till demand exceeds what the electric components can provide?
Also,will it be as quiet as a Nissan Leaf till the gas motor kicks in?

Author: Fireballs Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11435 of 11693
Subject: Re: Lincoln Drive Control Question Date: 12/11/2012 9:27 PM
Recommendations: 1
The Volvo is a great car,but I'd prefer her to get the MKZ ...

I can't answer your questions, but I can say that your quest is a dangerous one. A universal truth is this:

Unless you buy the car that you want, you will never be happy with it.

Are you sure that you want to live with the consequences of that?

Neil

Author: xtn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11436 of 11693
Subject: Re: Lincoln Drive Control Question Date: 12/13/2012 9:07 AM
Unless you buy the car that you want, you will never be happy with it.

I don't know that it strictly applies to purchasing a car primarily for use by somebody else. It seems the goals is to make the recipient happy, and that therefor the purchaser will be happy if that goal is achieved.

Of course logic has failed me before,
xtn

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement