Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DocSawyer One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 95923  
Subject: Lions got robbed Date: 11/23/2012 9:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Mind you, I'm no Lions fan.

But, that obscure rule about challenge flags allowed the wrong team to win that particular game.

Granted, an NFL coach should know all of the obscure rules. That is their job. So Schwartz is first in the line of blame for the loss.

But the rule should be tweaked. As it stands, it is unfair.

Other observations from the couch on Turkey day:

Romo is a great quarterback but he really doesn't give a sh!t

Bella-cheat gets his jollies running up the score.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92942 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/23/2012 9:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5

When you play a team and you don't like how they're running up the score...

...Then stop them!

That's your job.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92943 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/23/2012 10:01 PM
Recommendations: 2
Romo is a great quarterback but he really doesn't give a sh!t

This is so silly. I have no idea why you say it. If he really didn't give a chit, do you really think that he'd be in the league? He has no running game and almost rallied the Cowboys out of huge hole. Hardly the behavior of someone who doesn't give a chit.

I see him as an average to above average QB who can put up monster numbers on a good day, but he has some brain cramps that leave you shaking your head too.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92944 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/23/2012 10:32 PM
This is so silly. I have no idea why you say it. If he really didn't give a chit, do you really think that he'd be in the league? He has no running game and almost rallied the Cowboys out of huge hole. Hardly the behavior of someone who doesn't give a chit.

I see him as an average to above average QB who can put up monster numbers on a good day, but he has some brain cramps that leave you shaking your head too.

Romo is hardly an average or just above average quarterback. I am no Cowboys fan (you all know that), but Romo is actually one of the top passers in history in terms of numbers. Granted he hasn't had a full career (6-7 years?), and in terms of post seasons, it hasn't been all that.

But many would be shocked here at this.....he's has one of the top 5 career passer ratings in history, only behind Rodgers, Brady, Steve Young, and ...yes, he's tied with Peyton Manning in career rating.

I think many of the Cowboys troubles in the recent years are tied to the rest of the team, coaching, owner, etc., not really to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_career_passer_rating_leader...

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92946 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/23/2012 11:08 PM
>> Romo is hardly an average or just above average quarterback. I am no Cowboys fan (you all know that), but Romo is actually one of the top passers in history in terms of numbers. Granted he hasn't had a full career (6-7 years?), and in terms of post seasons, it hasn't been all that.

But many would be shocked here at this.....he's has one of the top 5 career passer ratings in history, only behind Rodgers, Brady, Steve Young, and ...yes, he's tied with Peyton Manning in career rating.
<<

I'm not shocked. Most of the time, Romo is very efficient. It just seems like he picks the worst times to *not* be so. You seemed to hit on the main difference when you say, "in terms of post seasons, it hasn't been all that". That's much of the yardstick here -- players are remembered and evaluated for greatness, in the end, by how much they excelled in the must-win "big games".

I don't have all the proof at the tip of my tongue here, but it seems like I've never seen Rodgers, Brady, Young or Manning meltdown in the postseason or in must-win situations as regularly as Romo seems to. That's why these other guys are considered as among the best of the best.

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92947 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/24/2012 12:31 AM
Peyton has had plenty of melt-down playoff games. He's got one Super Bowl win in 14-15 years despite being NFL MVP like 4-5 times.

I wouldn't suggest Romo is as good as Peyton but he's definitely been a top 6 or 7 QB over the last 5 years.

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92948 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/24/2012 9:31 AM
Recommendations: 1
but Romo is actually one of the top passers in history in terms of numbers

There ya go. It is one thing to move the ball between the 20s, or pile up stats against the league's bottom feeders. It is a whole other issue to avoid the big mistake or somehow get the key first down.

As I noted, Romo has these moments that sometimes leaves you scratching your head. Why did he throw the ball there? Why didn't he just scramble for the FD? And so on.

When the game is on the line and a clutch play is needed, he seems to all-too-frequently not make it.

Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92949 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/24/2012 9:08 PM
There ya go. It is one thing to move the ball between the 20s, or pile up stats against the league's bottom feeders. It is a whole other issue to avoid the big mistake or somehow get the key first down.

As I noted, Romo has these moments that sometimes leaves you scratching your head. Why did he throw the ball there? Why didn't he just scramble for the FD? And so on.

When the game is on the line and a clutch play is needed, he seems to all-too-frequently not make it.

I'm not disputing your claim, but I wonder whether we can put this claim that Romo is great but "unable to perform in the clutch" into numbers?? Is this quantifiable? Or do we just go by feeling that Romo sucks "in the clutch". My guess is that many other very "above average" quarterbacks do the same thing. Is Romo any worse? I really don't know.....I would love to see numbers (if it's possible to back this back).

Dallas Texas - BTW, I have lived here for the last several years, I have almost watched every Cowboy game, although I hate them - is a huge football market. 6-7 million population in the Dallas-Ft.Worth metroplex. Like New York City, (whether football, baseball, or basketball), when teams don't perform to expectations, hell rains down on the team.....and in the case of football, and esp football, who's the supposed leader?? The QB. His flaws are exaggerated. And nation wide, he's the center of attention, when other areas of the team should be.

Again, Romo's numbers show that his contributions are up there....waaaaay up there. That is fact. The stats back that up. Now, what stats are there that "in inopportune times, he doesn't perform", (i.e. choking) compared to the misplays of the rest of the team or coaching decisions.....I would love to see these stats if possible.

Again, my claim is that yes, Romo isn't exactly John Elway, but over the last several years, OTHER elements of the team.....defense, running game, coaching, owner are the reason for their downfall.

Show me numbers....

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92950 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/24/2012 9:33 PM
Show me numbers....

Numbers are not the full story.

Author: mbarr Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 92951 of 95923
Subject: Re: Lions got robbed Date: 11/25/2012 10:48 AM
Recommendations: 3

He gets his jollies making people look stupid. Looks like he can add another one to the list.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement