Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I know this board is just "For the Girls", but I thought you would be best equipped to answer my question. I checked out the "For the Boys" board, but when I saw things like 'goat sex' and 'brown streaks', I wasn't filled with much confidence that I'd get a good answer.

First off, I guess I should say that I'm not a girl. But, I do know some girls. One inparticular is the reason I'm posting.

My girlfriend and I have been dating for just under a year now, and she's really started to put the pressure on about marriage. It's not everyday, but there are countless times when '4 more years' is not just an ovation at the republican convention, but a pessimistic premonition from my girlfriend regarding our relationship.

I love dating her and we have a great time together, but when the pressures of deciding on marriage continually cross my path, it gets my defenses up pretty quickly. I'm 27 years old, financially stable, somewhat normal,etc... so there's no reason outside looking in that I'm not in a place to get married. However, I guess I'm just not ready to take that plunge. Both my parents have their fair share of failed marriages between them and maybe that's just got me pretty scared that I'll make a premature decision.

She and I aren't having sex yet, either, which has come up a couple times as a reason to marry. However, I just want to do this thing the 'right way'...whatever that is. I'd never marry just for the physical side.

Anyway, what do you think. I apologize for the long post, but it's really been bothering me. Thanks for your help.

-jk
**oh yeah, she says she gets more immediate when she's having her 'time of the month'...which is this week. i don't really go there.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement