Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Ganado Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 568  
Subject: Living Deliberately & Communcation etc Date: 4/21/2003 4:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Do you think there is a difference between social conversation and communicating facts to get the job done?

Personally both are important to me. Social conversation lets me get to know people and is important in just having fun. Communicating facts in business is a different type of communication. Both can be deliberate.

The term "speaking your mind" to me smaks of "stating your opinion" as a fact. Living deliberately (to me) is about not having a set or fixed set of opinions. Living deliberately is about exploring where you are in the moment and where others are and allowing them to have their opinions and really listening to what is being said rather than the actual words. I like to explore other people's ideas with them as long as I don't have a fixed or hidden agenda about being right or making someone else wrong. (When I have a fixed idea or agenda, God help both of us!)

Living deliberately is also about choosing personal goals and choosing the beliefs that support those goals. Belief precedes experience so you need supporting data! Then if you achieve the goal you can go on to something else or if in the middle you decide the goal needs to be modified, you can modify it.

Besides, whatever happened to being able to change your mind!

In the final analysis, I always ask myself, "What, in my heart of hearts, would I do if I knew I couldn't fail?" What is it I really want to explore?

In a personal note, I work in a very number crunching environment that I like but I also wanted more so I decided to develop the right side of my brain. I am happy to report that my art work is being exhibited this next month in a small gallery. I'm pretty happy about that! The painting and drawing is something I did not think I could do but it was something I wanted in my heart to achieve! So I chose not to believe that you are either born with talent or not. I chose to try something I wanted to do. THis is the essence of living deliberatley.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement