Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: glopro Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19021  
Subject: living trust Date: 1/17/2000 9:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have a living trust but my IRA is not trusted. Will it be probated?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1614 of 19021
Subject: Re: living trust Date: 1/17/2000 10:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
glopro wrote: I have a living trust but my IRA is not trusted. Will it be probated?

I believe if you specify a benificary with your IRA orther then your estate, fund in your IRA will go to that benificary without probate. However, those funds are subject to income tax (assuming a regular IRA).

In my experience both mutual funds and brokers have required the naming of a benificary for IRA accounts, so you might want to check with your IRA administrator.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement