UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: topspincharlie Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 847  
Subject: lkif Date: 2/29/2008 10:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello,

A position of 6 shares of "LKIF" appeared in my Ameritrade brokerage account on 9/21/07. The transaction description was "Non-taxable spin off/liquidation." I also received a small dividend in mid january of this year. I cannot find any information whatsoever on this ticker symbol and have no idea where it came from. Does anyone have any information on LKIF?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: topspincharlie Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 35 of 847
Subject: Re: lkif Date: 2/29/2008 10:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Ok, I found out a little more information. LKIF is a result of a spinoff from a June '07 Wild Card company called Ito En (ITOEF.PK) back in Sept of last year. The problem is that I can't find any information about LKIF, what exchange it trades on, or any other details on the spinoff.

Does anyone know anything about this stock?

Thanks,
Topspin

Author: TMFJazzysav Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 37 of 847
Subject: Re: lkif Date: 3/7/2008 9:01 AM
Topspin

I can't find a shred of evidence of LKIF's existence. Are you sure that it’s floated?

Rgds,
Emmet

Author: topspincharlie Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38 of 847
Subject: Re: lkif Date: 3/7/2008 9:51 AM
Hi Deej,

I'm not sure why Ameritrade has used LKIF to represent the preferred shares spinoff of Ito EN. I can't find any references to LKIF anywhere and I'm moderately skilled at scouring the interslice via search engines.

These preferred shares only trade on the Tokyo exchange, which Ameritrade doesn't have direct access to. So LKIF is basically a placeholder. The actual ticker is 25935 or 2593p depending on what site you use to look up the quote. The only place I can find a quote is here:
http://advance.quote.nomura.co.jp/meigara/nomura2/quote.cgi?F=english/equote&QCODE=25935&MKTN=T

Unfortunately excel web queries to this page don't work so I am unable to import the price into my tracking spreadsheet.

Author: topspincharlie Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 847
Subject: Re: lkif Date: 3/7/2008 10:32 AM
After some trial and error, I was finally able to import, extract, and convert the quote into US dollars.

In case anyone else has to do this in the future, I used the link I provided earlier and imported the three tables containing the stock information. I extracted the quote by using the following formula:
"=MID(A133,FIND("price",A133)+5,FIND("(",A133)-FIND("price",A133)-5)"

where A133 contains the stock embedded inside like so:
"Recent price1215(14:59) -65 -5.07 %"

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement