UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: imdajunkman Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35400  
Subject: Re: OT: Egocentrism gone amuk Date: 10/18/2006 4:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Loki,

I'm both a walker and a biker, and I share your outrage. What you saw should never have happened. Bikers have the means and responsiblity to maneuver around pedestrians, or they need to come to a complete stop until a path is clear.

I'd bet you dollars to donuts, neither of those bikers was wearing a helmet. They don't care about their own safety, so why should they care about anyone else's?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Don't get mad, get even. Write up your experience and run it in the editorial section of your campus newspaper. With any luck, someone else saw those events and can ID those cowboys, and campus security can bust them, because, for sure, there are right-of-way rules for campuses, just as there are for public streets. And if there aren't, common sense and decency should have prevailed.

Those kinds of people give a bike riders a bad reputation, as well as disrepect persons who they themselves might one day be, the physically less able who legally and humanly deserve equal access and opportunity. Those two cowboys need to be stopped.

Thanks for sharing the experience here, but, also, post it on campus.

Charlie
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement