No. of Recommendations: 2
Loki,

Thank you for clarifying the purpose of the Bond FAQ as “providing as complete a picture as possible of various options within what can loosely be called bonds/fixed-income.” That's a commendable goal.

It is the latter part of your statement that I disagree with, that the FAQ “…is very different than anything available in bond books or, as far as far as I can tell, other web sites providing education on the topic (I find specific sub-topics covered by bonds-on-line and some others very helpful, and we have tried to link those).”

You don't find the existing literature (or web sources) on bonds/FI investing to be useful or comprehensive. I do find the existing resources to be a very adequate introduction to those topics. (NB: not the final word, which has never and can never be written, but certainly a good-enough intro.) So that is where I think beginners should be directed, toward materials and resources that are already available, and I'll accept your challenge to produce, not a bibliography, but a step-by-step, annotated reading list that a beginner has to master if they are to survive and prosper in this game. It will be a list that probably no one will agree with, but it will clearly lay out where I'm coming from and where I'm headed.

I'm still on the road. So give me a couple of days, and then I'll post a first draft once I'm back home.

Charlie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement