UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 748871  
Subject: LOL Date: 12/1/2012 5:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 19
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/270439-dems-wer...

Congressional Democrats say they're not afraid of overreaching with President Obama’s tax-and-spending offer to Republicans.

Republicans ripped Obama’s recent proposal of $1.6 trillion in tax hikes combined with $400 billion in spending cuts as a joke, and GOP lawmakers have said the framework could make it harder for House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to get his members to agree to a deal.

But Democrats say the Republican response is little more than faux outrage, and that the White House offer is simply how negotiations are conducted, especially given that Obama comfortably won reelection after campaigning for higher taxes on the wealthy.

And with just a month left until the economy would absorb more than $500 billion in spending cuts and tax increases, Democrats across the political spectrum say they don’t believe the White House offer hurts their leverage or makes it harder to get a deal.

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.), for instance, called that premise “ridiculous,” and said that early offers have “no effect” on whether either side gets too dug in on cliff negotiations.

“What harm comes from him asking for more than he thinks he’s going to be able to get?” said Frank, who did not seek re-election this year.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'll tell you one thing, if i was still in business and a plant manager was asking a million dollars for a $20,000 machine i wouldn't even make a counter offer. If i was Boehner i'd do like that one tweet said he should do when he recieved Obama's offer, "Eliminate the federal government except for defense". That would be an appropriate response. That's how "helpful" Obama's first offer was.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657728 of 748871
Subject: Re: LOL Date: 12/1/2012 5:53 PM
Recommendations: 1
I'll tell you one thing, if i was still in business and a plant manager was asking a million dollars for a $20,000 machine i wouldn't even make a counter offer. If i was Boehner i'd do like that one tweet said he should do when he recieved Obama's offer, "Eliminate the federal government except for defense". That would be an appropriate response. That's how "helpful" Obama's first offer was.

Here is Obama's first offer:

http://youtu.be/1z-AxgueBRk

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 657780 of 748871
Subject: Re: LOL Date: 12/2/2012 9:03 AM
Recommendations: 0

You are correct but it won't mean a thing. The MSM think 0's offer is reasonable and are asking republicans why they don't offer specifics and why they are so obstructionist, blah, blah, blah.

Sadly, but realistically, we all know what the final outcome will be, we've seen this movie before. Repubs will huff and puff all the way to the cliff to give the perception that they are standing up for their principles and to give the impression to their party base that they REALLY are fighting for our beliefs, but as they approach the cliff, they will not look the enemy in face and call his bluff and be willing to say "freedom or death you bastards?" They will simply bend over and take it as hard as the dems choose to violate them. We should all just have pity on them and go to Walmart and buy some KY Jelly and send it to our representatives to mitigate the roughness they are surely to experience. These people are cowards and are more interested in saving their own skin and being liked by the liberal intelligencia than in saving the country. A pathetic bunch of milquetoast weasels. Can you imagine what this country would have been named if people like the current crop of republicans were around during the founding of this country?

We should spit these rotten jellyfish out next election. - anyone who caves or waits until the last hour of voting to make a CYA vote.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement