UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976566  
Subject: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/5/2012 8:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
McConnell offered to vote on Obama's plan, straight up. Today. In the Senate.

Reid's answer? No.

LOL @ PA liberals, democrats and Obama. Either this plan is a real plan and a real solution or it isn't. It's obvious that it isn't; the only people who fail to acknowledge this are the left.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842572 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/5/2012 8:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It silly and counter-productive to take a vote on anything until ALL of the leadership is on board with a proposal.

Peter

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842576 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/5/2012 8:42 PM
Recommendations: 0
"It silly and counter-productive to take a vote on anything until ALL of the leadership is on board with a proposal.

Peter "

Nope this is Reid's MO when it comes to budget matters. I think the dims forgot how to pass a budget. Maybe it's time for Reid and his fellow cohorts to take a civic lesson.

Author: jdp245 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842687 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 1:09 PM
Then why, praytell, have we not seen a Republican plan passed in the House? Oh, maybe that's because they have no plan.

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842689 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 1:12 PM
Then why, praytell, have we not seen a Republican plan passed in the House? Oh, maybe that's because they have no plan.

There was one. It was the Ryan budget.

Grape

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842697 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 1:39 PM
Fail. The House GOP passed full budgets. LIOV's lie and claim they did nothing.

Author: jdp245 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842699 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 1:52 PM
Fail. The House GOP passed full budgets. LIOV's lie and claim they did nothing.

They have passed nothing to address the fiscal cliff (let alone propose anything). And the Ryan budget is hardly a credible "budget". It doesn't even indicate what programs they suggest cutting from discretionary spending. And passing crap that has no chance of becoming law doesn't help anyone, so I'm not sure why you think that is any better. Weak.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842700 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 2:00 PM
Recommendations: 2
More failure. What was your terminology the other day? Ignorance?

I realize as a typical LIOV you don't know what a budget is (since you've never seen one), but you really should take the time to figure it out.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842702 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 2:17 PM

the Ryan budget

Dope1

During the election poll after poll revealed that Ryan's budget was not supported by the America People: 6::10

Such a wide margin that Ryan and Romney wouldn't talk about it.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842703 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 2:23 PM
During the election poll after poll revealed that Ryan's budget was not supported by the America People: 6::10

Such a wide margin that Ryan and Romney wouldn't talk about it.

His argument was that nothing had been done. You're confirming that he was lying. Thank you.

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842704 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 2:23 PM
Recommendations: 4

The assertion was that the GOP provided no plan which is incorrect. The popularity of that plan is something entirely different.

Grape

Author: jdp245 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842714 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 2:55 PM
His argument was that nothing had been done. You're confirming that he was lying. Thank you.

Fine. If you want to say that a no-hope bill that Republican's passed nine months ago is their "plan" today, so be it. But it isn't surprising to me that after the election, only the tea-baggers are still advocating it. Boehner has already walked away from it. Again, as I have said before, the House Republicans can't even agree amongst themselves. I don't even think they would have the votes to pass the Ryan budget if it went up for a vote today. The American people would think they were crazy and intransigent.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842719 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 3:52 PM

The assertion was that the GOP provided no plan which is incorrect. The popularity of that plan is something entirely different.

The Ryan plan never made it past Senate to the President’s desk; nothing more than a failed proposal. If you make a list of bills that failed to pass through legislature, then you’d have a long list.
The fact is when you have a bill that both parties can have sufficient support to put it before the president, then you have a “real” bill. Until the House and Senate get down to the real business of government, they’re no more than clowns gesticulating before cameras.

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842720 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 3:58 PM
The Ryan plan never made it past Senate to the President’s desk; nothing more than a failed proposal.

True, but it doesn't negate that it was a proposal. Generally in negotiations both sides make their list of demands knowing full well the other side won't agree.

The fact is when you have a bill that both parties can have sufficient support to put it before the president, then you have a “real” bill. Until the House and Senate get down to the real business of government, they’re no more than clowns gesticulating before cameras.

There's plenty of posturing going on with both sides. I try to look for hints that show what direction they are going in. I'm seeing enough to think that something will be done. What that something is, we'll see.

Grape

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842728 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 4:22 PM
Recommendations: 2

There's plenty of posturing going on with both sides. I try to look for hints that show what direction they are going in. I'm seeing enough to think that something will be done. What that something is, we'll see.

I don't know why they can't get serious about Bowles-Simpson.
The only thing I don't like here is taxing munis, I think states and local government is suffering enough, the rest is palatable.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/12/everythi...

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842729 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 4:29 PM

Actually it is not even a little different

If the people knew about it, and did not like it and in fact rejected it, the meme would not be that there was not one

This is so obviously an untruth that you and Dope are conceding to, that I simply do not understand

You have to concede to a whole lot of lies, before you can have a debate with a liberal, you guys are debating a liberal ergo......

Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842731 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 4:33 PM
Actually it is not even a little different

If the people knew about it, and did not like it and in fact rejected it, the meme would not be that there was not one

This is so obviously an untruth that you and Dope are conceding to, that I simply do not understand

I didn't concede to anything. What I said was the popularity of the plan was a different topic. I gave no indication one way or the other if the plan was popular. The popularity issue was obfuscation of the original question of if the GOP had a plan or not.

Grape

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1842769 of 1976566
Subject: Re: LOL @ Obama. No vote in Senate Date: 12/6/2012 7:05 PM
Fine. If you want to say that a no-hope bill that Republican's passed nine months ago is their "plan" today, so be it. But it isn't surprising to me that after the election, only the tea-baggers are still advocating it. Boehner has already walked away from it. Again, as I have said before, the House Republicans can't even agree amongst themselves. I don't even think they would have the votes to pass the Ryan budget if it went up for a vote today. The American people would think they were crazy and intransigent.

Your assertion was that nothing had been done. That was false. "No-hope" is more of a function of your party refusing to acknowledge that our entitlement programs are fractured and need repair.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement