UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1966905  
Subject: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 1:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
It's no big deal, one less day of a government service.

Less wages paid out.

less income taxes paid in as a result.

but, it's a tiny sign of austerity.

decline.

C'mon "superpower", keep your lights on at a ballgame and try to deliver mail.

LOL

Obama 2012

Let's hope that social decay and illegal immigration cost even MORE money going forward. You people will be lucky to even have a post office that isn't a tourist museum.

Jedig
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858128 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 1:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
...but, it's a tiny sign of austerity.

decline.

Nope. It's the inevitable and long overdue consequence of technological change (e-mail) and customer cream-skimming by private competitors (FedEx and UPS.) That and a congressional mandate to serve unprofitable rural customers.

Let's hope that social decay and illegal immigration cost even MORE money going forward.

Social decay and illegal immigration have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858136 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 1:46 PM
Recommendations: 0
LOL.

So why not just cut out the unprofitagble rural customers on weekends?

It seems the Post Office is cutting off even profitable urban customers on Saturday too.

I hope your attitude prevails.

As a result, more cuts in every corner of American government will prevail.

CUT!

MORE!

GOOD!

JediG (current events trumps recs every time)

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858163 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 2:57 PM
C'mon "superpower", keep your lights on at a ballgame and try to deliver mail.

The NFL is one of the epitome's of private capitalism. They can't keep their lights on. So it must due to the eminent failure of capitalism--and management in particular. They are the ones who were in charge when the lights went out on their "big game".

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858173 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 3:28 PM
A plan.

There are various plans, and Congress wants to make sure the Government comes up with the plan, not the USPS. One plan allows for the USPS to close some expensive, but duplicative offices, and allowing small, but less costly rural ones to remain open.

Government rules.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858175 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 3:31 PM
So why not just cut out the unprofitagble rural customers on weekends?

Congress won't let them.

Author: TheSmay Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858181 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 3:50 PM
The US postal service has been losing money since day one! Forget Obama, you can trace this back to the beginning of time! You look at the way Washington has been run the last 50 years, could you expect anything different from a government run business? LOL

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858198 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 5:05 PM
These campus numbskolls from the White House to PA.

Blaming anything from ATM machines to FedEx. LOL. Stay on campus. Don't try your hand in business.

Sheesh, hope the SH Caucus is better at fundraising than business. Or Hamas will run out of money.

JediG

Author: AlphaWolf Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858225 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 6:22 PM
Recommendations: 93
The ignorance of the right is on display once again.

As it is every time they open their mouths.

The US Post Office costs taxpayers exactly zero dollars. It is, and has always been, a self sustaining enterprise.

The financial woes of the Post Office was caused entirely by the Republican party.

In 2006, the lame duck Republican-controlled Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act requiring the U.S. Mail to pre-fund its retirement health care benefit account 75 years ahead of time. In fact, the Post Office is pre-funding retirement benefits for employees it hasn’t even hired yet.

Why can’t the Post Office simply raise its rates to pay for this burden? The Act also restricts the USPS from increasing its rates.

"The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it."

PJ O'Rourke

AW

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858228 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 6:34 PM
Recommendations: 2

Let's hope that social decay and illegal immigration cost even MORE money going forward. You people will be lucky to even have a post office that isn't a tourist museum.
-Jedig

You People?

What does that make you?

Those People?

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858231 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 6:58 PM
What does that make you?

Those People?

We are his "pets". So that makes him our... "master leash puller"?

Author: Wessex99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858262 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 10:10 PM
Isn't it amazing how the smallest-minded, creepiest people take such joy in the thought that someone else will be inconvenienced, or preferably, harmed. I would not be surprised to hear of terrible things being done by such people; all it will take is the right trigger/stimulus.

Wessex

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858266 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 10:28 PM
Great post!

Mail it to everyone.

Just don't mail it on Saturday.

Obama 2012

More more more on the way.

jediG

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858267 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 10:29 PM
sano...

The American government can't afford saturday postal service.

In Europe, many government services getting cut back.

Enjoy.

Signed, the Jerk.

JediG Jindal (has nothing to do with the post office going down)

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858269 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 10:31 PM
WESSEX...

Much of the violence lately has been done by people of your like-mind, politically, Fort Hood, Times Square, you name it.

Nice that you focus on ME, and not that you can't afford Saturday mail anymore.

Nice that you focus on ME, and not the plethora of other services that are going to be cut.

And nice that all of you Leftists refuse to admit that bad culture, and illegal immigration drain your funding from other programs.

So yeah, it's deserved. Especially since YOU PEOPLE only focus on me personally. You guys started it.

If you guys ever end that, let me know.

Until then, enjoy.

JediG

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858272 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/6/2013 10:41 PM
Creepy small minded Wessex....

On multiple occasions, Liberals have gleefully posted stuff about problems in Texas.

Can you please post a link to where you told them that celebrating something bad is creepy?

I thought not.

Because if I'm small minded, you've got me beat.

Deal with that because it's based on YOUR record. You don't say a word when the Left does it.

Now run along. More social decay and illegal immigration expenses on the way. Who knows? You might have to sell your Post Office to Bill Gates.

JediG

Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858314 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/7/2013 1:38 AM
Isn't it amazing how the smallest-minded, creepiest people take such joy in the thought that someone else will be inconvenienced, or preferably, harmed.

It's like when Romney said he "likes to fire people"

There are so many in the Republican Party who sit around hoping for the worst for anyone who doesn't think like them.

And they are proud and public with these feelings. The old GOP I think just wanted to win. They didn't necessarily want their opposites to suffer. I think this is why Jindal calls them the "stupid party" Fine with me. The more they brag about their hostility the less likely they are to get elected to put their paleolithic policies in place.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858325 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/7/2013 8:44 AM
Post Office ..... Too much spending, too little revenue

Federal Government ..... Too much spending, too little revenue

Beware

Bears

Author: flightdoc101 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858333 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/7/2013 9:39 AM
USPS could solve it's problem by charging $1.50 for first class postage.

And it would still have no competition.

The free market should let them raise their rates.

Author: CairnDad Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858362 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/7/2013 11:51 AM
This whole thing is a shame. Conservatives should lament the USPS having financial issues since the Postal Service is one of the few government services explicitly provided for in the Constitution.

Author: jakalant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858406 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/7/2013 3:45 PM
Federal Government ..... Too much spending, too little revenue.

Right. No big surprise. We told you guys those Bush tax cuts were gonna screw things up. Just like we told you those unfunded wars were gonna screw things up.

Now listen up, perhaps you are reading it here for the first time:

If the Republican congress lets the sequester happen things are gonna get worse.

Krugman hasn't been wrong about anything in a long time. Don't expect him to be wrong this time around. Austerity is the wrong path to take.

Author: JavaRunner Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858418 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/7/2013 6:01 PM
Recommendations: 44
Wrong, liberal ignoramus breath:

No you are wrong strange being from another planet....

"The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations. We are required by law to cover our costs."

http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-facts/welcome.htm#H1...

Charlie

Author: jwiest Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858463 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/8/2013 9:39 AM
And you got 78 ignoramus recs.

Conservatives are always counting recs with bitter envy in their hearts...

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858468 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/8/2013 9:57 AM
Like I said, Ignoramuses.

Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858550 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/8/2013 3:06 PM
I don't have a problem with it. Everyone should get a weekend.

You want to send something in a hurry, call FedEx.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858560 of 1966905
Subject: Re: LOL. post office downsizing Date: 2/8/2013 3:52 PM
You may be interested in this. Received in email:

The United States Postal Service has just announced that due to budget shortfalls, mail will no longer be delivered on Saturdays starting in August.

It's true the post office faces financial challenges. But the financial problems are in large part a direct result of an onerous and ill-considered 2006 law called the "Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act" (PAEA) that mandates pre-funding the postal service retiree health care and pension benefits for 75 years — something that no other government agency or private company is forced to do.

The vast majority — 85% — of the budget red ink comes from this pre-funding mandate. The PAEA was created by Republicans intent on goal: Killing a government service or the sake of proving that government can't work.

Tell Congress: Don't let Republicans kill the Post Office.

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/usps_sat_delivery/?r_by=...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (26) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement