UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mys Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Long silence Date: 2/12/2001 5:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi, folks.

I've been lurking although not posting (not posting much of anything on the Fool for many, many months, in fact, due to a too-busy existence that I'm working on slowing down), and decided it's time to get back into the swing (the sustainable swing, that is).

Chris, I have a question. Where is North Point Press located? An Internet search didn't turn up their location or phone number, and I sort of need to get in touch with them. (I review books and would like to review McDonough's book.)

Also, how is your sustainable business going, and what is going on elsewhere for folks on this board?

mys
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1615 of 1656
Subject: Re: Long silence Date: 2/13/2001 12:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Chris, I have a question. Where is North Point Press located? An Internet search didn't turn up their location or phone number, and I sort of need to get in touch with them. (I review books and would like to review McDonough's book.)

Hi mys,

Well, my sustainable business venture is on hold again. I got a good bunch of people together for a few meetings to exchange some interesting ideas, but we haven't been able to pull together something substantial enough to pull everyone out of their 60-70 hour/week day jobs. It's a tough transition. We're still thinking and hoping though!

I am not familiar with North Point Press, and I could not find it either. As far as I know McDonough's book is not out yet. I looked on his web sites, and did not see anything about it.

http://www.mbdc.com/
http://www.mcdonough.com/

Let me know if you find anything more.

Take care,
Chris

Author: mys Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1616 of 1656
Subject: Re: Long silence Date: 2/13/2001 2:20 PM
Hi, Chris.

Sorry to hear about your difficulties in putting together a business that will enable everyone to chuck the ordinary working world. It will come, though -- sometimes it just needs the right ingredient to bring the whole thing together. Don't give up hope.

And thanks for the information on the book. I wrote an e-mail to McDonough -- didn't see anything on the sites about the book either, but it's listed on barnesandnoble.com as not in stock. I ran a search on North Point Press and came up empty. I asked you because when I was catching up on messages I was under the impression you had the book -- sorry! Must have read too fast and jumped to conclusions. When I hear back, I'll let you know.

I recently read/reviewed Natural Capitalism, The Cultural Creatives, Investing With Your Values, Robin Hood Was Right, and Socially Responsible Investing.

mys

Author: DeadheadFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1617 of 1656
Subject: Re: Long silence Date: 2/13/2001 4:42 PM
I don't know if this link will work...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0865475873/glance/08654758733000/ref=cm_3000_b_y/105-8736692-2931153#08654758733000

But Amazon says this will be published Sept 2001. I remember waiting for Natural Capitalism to come out for a year after Paul Hawken was talking about it in speeches. Oh well, we'll just have to wait. I have a feeling it will be an amazing book!

Chris

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement