Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Can you tell me where I might find information re Long term capital gains being non taxable in 2008? Thanx
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
You can start with the IRS website,
I know it's briefly mentioned in the instructions for 1040-ES, estimated taxes. Also look for a publication specifically on cap gains. I don't recall the number.

In summary, if you have capital gains which were taxed at 5% in 2007, they will be taxed at 0% in 2008. It's a little more complicated than that because you could have some cap gains with 0% tax and some with 15% tax depending on your total income.
Print the post Back To Top