UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BuyOrSellFunds Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3  
Subject: Long-term Market Timing, not short-term Date: 2/22/2011 11:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When discussing market timing, the question that always shall be raised is if we discuss long-term or short-term market timing.

Do you look at the long-term trends in the stock market indices that can last many months or even years, or do you try to time the market somewhere during the day as a day trader. Or maybe you are thinking more in terms of weeks.

I do not know anything of short-term market timing. But my experience is that long-term market timing or Trend Investing is very good possible in a majority of the situations. You only need to accept that it does not work always, that you can not call the exact tops and bottoms and that you need to take the long-term view.

What are your experiences with long-term market timing?
Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement