Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (40) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stillwater9999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19674  
Subject: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 10:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 10
Just wondering if our Value Hound investors would want to share what is their longest held position.

Mine are Kimco (1997) and XOM (2001). The Kimco is a core position in a DRIP account. I had enormous profits in KIM before the crash, did manage to sell some near the top, but lost a large portion of the profits, gained a fair amount back in the recovery when I added close to the bottom. KIM is a small overall position. XOM has turned out to be a buy and hold forever stock for me.

If kahundacfa posts we will probably hear about positions taken prior to WWI.

sw
Print the post Back To Top
Author: trico47caddis One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13408 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 10:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Bought FARO 2005 still have 200 shares. I purchased my initial shares at $12.50 per share on the recommendation of Hidden Gems. There were some great, I mean great discussions regarding the pros and cons of FARO.

Earslookin and LiveFromHokins helded me stay informed. I don't think they post anymore. Too bad.

Mike

Author: 38Packard Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13410 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 11:47 AM
Recommendations: 2
Longest held position in my portfolio = JNJ purchased on May 5,1998 @ $35.29 for a 113% gain as of this posting. Is that good?

Cheers!
'38Packard

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13411 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 11:58 AM
DE

Officially that would be 1999, but since they are family heirlooms and I always knew why they were bought and who they would end up with (me and my siblings), I guess you could add several decades to that date.

Thanks Dad, I wish I could say I was "a chip off the old block" (I can't) although I do have your nose for which I'm slightly less appreciative. :<)

B

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13412 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 12:01 PM
JNJ purchased on May 5,1998 @ $35.29 for a 113% gain as of this posting. Is that good?

That would be purchased at $24.77 split and dividend adjusted according to Yahoo! giving a combined CAGR of 7.8%. It's for you to decide if that meets your needs, expectations and risk tolerance.

Denny Schlesinger

Author: DrtThrwingMonkey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13413 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 12:05 PM
what is their longest held position.

Berkshire Hathaway by a mile, July 22nd, 2002. 133% return, vs 129% with the S&P 500 (including dividends).

dtm

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13415 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 12:42 PM
My longest held position was URBN bought Nov '03 @$8.6175 and called away last month. Including option trading good for an IRR of 31%. If I could just learn not to buy losers I would be a rich man.

Denny Schlesinger

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13416 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 12:42 PM
My oldest is QCOM dating back to 2000. That was, fortunately, a small lot and I have added to it a number of times since so that at this point I have a net 79.5% gain. Next oldest is ARMH in 2004 for a current net gain of 800%.

Author: OranjeMannetje One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13417 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 1:30 PM
I have two very old positions:

Avon (AVP) purchased late 1989 CAGR of 11.3%
CVB Financial (CVBF) purchased late 1989 CAGR of 10.2%

I've held these so long that I think of them more like bonds with some chance of capital appreciation; so I look at the income (dividends) against the original amount of money invested. Over the years the dividends have slowly increased and the 'yield' was 18% for AVP and 8% for CVBF. That lasted for quite some time, but with the recent large dividend cut for AVP I'm reevaluating whether to stay in that position.

cheers,
j

Author: physdude One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13418 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 1:43 PM
Recommendations: 5
Mine is MT from 2001 (it's ticker was then IST - Ispat International) bought at $2.6875.

I recall it vividly because it could and should have been a genius investment if I had been more experienced but it ended up giving me just some good lunch money (and some valuable lessons). :)

Warning : the following is a slightly long and winding story but this gives me a great opportunity to get it off my chest even if no one else cares.

I had just opened my first brokerage account with just a few thousand dollars and was really green on long term investing though I had briefly been at a quant hedge fund that traded on a very short term basis. I was planning to mostly buy some well known large caps and leave it at that. However, I played around with a low P/E screener on the broker's site and found IST with a P/E of about 1. Looking further, it turned out to be owned by the well known Indian Lakshmi Mittal. I also found out that while IST was projected to make large losses, Mittal owned several other profitable steel mills apart from 80% of IST. Given the low float and that Mittal was a proud man who would probably never allow his public company to go bankrupt and lose face, this was a "back up the truck" screaming buy even at 2.6875 and much more so at below 1 which it reached in a few days.

However, I had just read about the dangers of buying penny stocks below $5 just then (oddly enough, on the Motley fool) and got scared out of buying anything more than the 400 shares I did -- a dumb decision in retrospect as it had nothing in common with actual penny stocks. I liquidated 300 at 11 and 26 but didn't sell the remaining shares even as the price breached 100 as I thought I could save on capital gains taxes as I knew at the time that I would move out of the US in a couple of years.

While the investment gave a nice profit, I always regret it as it could have made an early millionaire if I had been bold and put everything in the account (which was only a small proportion of my savings) into it when it went below 1 provided I sold at 100. (Also especially regret that I ignored an experienced metals trader who advised me that Ispat had a very good reputation when I mentioned my stock screener finding to him.)

At least this old investment still helps make my CAGR look great in comparison with the SPY on my spreadsheet. :)

Author: physdude One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13419 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 1:50 PM
Wow, I found my old motley fool posting from that time that describes the investment (I wonder if there is any way to revive that account now! - I don't think I even have access to the old email address from that time)

http://boards.fool.com/ispat-14222192.aspx

Author: physdude One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13420 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 1:59 PM
The old post made me recollect some details from my memory - I had bought 500 at 2 9/16 and 500 at 3 7/16 before it dropped to below 1. Then I read about penny stocks, got scared and decided to sell it when it got back to 3 7/16 due to the prospective losses but got a partial fill for 600 shares - a lucky happening in retrospect. A check with my old brokerage statement confirms this recollection.

My spreadsheet entry summarized this as 400 at 2 9/16 which I suppose is an accurate description of the result but skips the drama. :)

Again, probably not of interest to anyone but brings back some old memories.

Author: tsimi One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13421 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 4:23 PM
Recommendations: 3
This is a good thread. I certainly don't qualify as a Value Hound, and am often embarrassed by my inertia in selling positions. My longest held investment is the Vanguard Intermediate Term Tax Exempt Bond Mutual Fund, which I started in the fall of 1981. I automatically reinvested the monthly dividends, and periodically added new cash until I semi-retired a couple of years ago. The dividends now cover the largest part of our monthly expenses.

In this particular case being lazy about selling turned out for the best.

tsimi

Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13422 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 4:24 PM
We still have Walgreen's bot 1996 at 32 1/2. I think it was 100 shares in '96 and another 100 in '97, split in 96 and 97, plus reinvested dividends it's about 900 shares now.

Had to go upstairs and paw through a file cabinet to find it. That's when we were using a Dean Witter broker (pre-web) in Chicago who loved all things Chicago. Put us in Sara Lee, Morton's, Sears, Walgreen's, McDonald's, & a couple others I can't think of right now. Said he liked them because they were close and he could monitor them better. I think he liked grouping his clients and playing BMOC at the annual meetings, but that's just a theory.

Sold everything else along the way, kept this one for reasons unknown. Also sold all of the proprietary DW funds he put us in, which every one was a +urd.

Author: hedgehog444 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13423 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 5:52 PM
XOM, received as an ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) when I left the company at the end of my post-doc in 1983. Started with 22 shares, dividend reinvested for many years before starting to actively manage for the past 6 or 7. At critical points (e.g. where's the down for my first house?) it was too small to matter. Nothing else in my port comes even close to that in longevity.

Rgds,

HH/Sean

Author: StuyvesantGrad70 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13424 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 6:07 PM
I bought Colgate Palmolive (CL) on 10/29/2004 at $44.53 with a dividend of $0.96 a share, currently $108.49 with a dividend of $2.48 a share.

Discussions at the time:
http://boards.fool.com/a-brief-look-at-cl-21340224.aspx?sort...
http://boards.fool.com/cl-21343620.aspx?sort=whole#21343620
The Captain didn't like it's debt load:
http://boards.fool.com/cls-leverage-looks-a-little-high-2135...
Here's my post, the Captain still didn't like it's debt load:
http://boards.fool.com/colgate-palmolive-financials-21354177...

Author: loveoldcars Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13425 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 6:38 PM
SO (1973); ADM (1978)

rk

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13426 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 6:43 PM
Dividend and split adjusted price on 10/29/2004 was $36.79 which gives a CAGR of 13.9%.

What was it I didn't like about the debt? LOL

The end of 2004 was a good time to buy:

http://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats35/CL.html

Well done!

Denny Schlesinger

Author: ferjen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13427 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 6:47 PM
SPY (2002) and YOC of 4.31% and JNJ (2003) and YOC of 4.71%...

Author: TMFinept Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13430 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 7:24 PM
Mine is Pfizer. I purchased an initial position at the end of 2004, a follow up position in 2005, right after a certain Celebrexy problem, and a final position in the Summer of 2008 when things couldn't possibly get worse.

Including dividend repurchases over that entire time frame, I have a cost basis of around $17. Not the worst outcome in the world, I guess. I'd have to check with my financial program when I get home to get the actual basis and performance vs. a dividend-adjusted S&P.

Author: TMFHockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13431 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 8:59 PM
I think S&P 500 index fund since about 1975. That may have been traded with Vanguard Total Market Index (US) but I can't really remember if I got out or used both.

TIAA Annuity Account and CREF Stock Account in Nebraska 1979.

Bob

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13432 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 9:51 PM
I forgot about TIAA/CREF ... make that 1972 for me!

Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13434 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 10:48 PM
SBUX 1998, and not nearly enough. Never bought or sold a share since..... too bad.

Author: kelbon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13435 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/8/2013 11:23 PM
In the summer of 2000 I bought Gillette shares. A week later I bought an equal dollar amount of Procter & Gamble shares.

Some time later, P&G bought Gillette in an all share deal. I have held all the P&G shares since for a return of 225% on the original investment(s).

kelbon

Author: TMFHelical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Coverage Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13437 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/9/2013 8:39 AM
I think it is Health Care Reit (HCN), but I don't have the dates handy. Done quite well (thanks in part to falling interest rates), but it has under performed some of the other REITS in the healthcare space.

Ralph
Helical Investor

Author: coolprash Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13439 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/9/2013 9:01 AM
AKAM - since 2001 (sold 30% a couple of years back.)

Author: carver1963 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13441 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/9/2013 9:34 AM
Potash Corp for me. I used a payroll purchase program to buy convertible bonds (which converted at $18/share).

So I've held it prior to its IPO.

Author: jjaym Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13442 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/9/2013 10:15 AM
I have a hard time just leaving positions alone, so a lot of buying/selling/re-balancing over the years. The longest continuously held single stock is DIS, first bought in 1999, followed by MCD, first bought in 2000. According to Quicken, Our Annualized returns were 14.3% for DIS, 12.5% for MCD. Have been in, out and back into BBOX, BKR, & ETN since 1998-99.

Author: stillwater9999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13448 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/9/2013 11:53 AM
Thanks for all the great examples. Looks like folks had some fun digging out old history. I see that some of the classics (XOM, Colgate) made the list. Stalwarts. Some good diversified funds also a common listing. Not too many techs or e-commerce plays.

It is worthwhile to think about the stocks that can go the distance. When I buy a stock I usually am thinking that I want to hold it for 10 years or more if possible. Hard to hold extremely volatile ones, companies subject to fashion trends, companies in rapidly changing industries.

It is also worthwhile to think about the things I bought many years ago, that have proven to be great long term values, vs. the many things that had very transitory value or were disappointments. One of my favorites is my garden shed made in the Amish country. Cost me $10,000 a number of years ago, but the great craftsmanship have made it a long lasting gem for me...

sw

Author: Donde Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13462 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/10/2013 8:53 AM
I have held Celgene in my IRA for almost 15 years, started with 300 shares. One sold it all, did due diligence and added it back month later. Have added and sold trading shares but only added in last two years as things came together for the company's cancer pipeline. My last buy was at $72 At times I wanted to slit wrists. Today it is 50% of my portfolio. I have 1500 shares.

I traded my wife's smaller IRA for years. 3 years ago I sold all her stocks and put her 100% in Celgene at 58. She has 250 shares.

I have 2 spec stocks that remind me of Celgene. A thousand shares each.
SGMO (zinc finger gene proteins)and ZIOP. Once for each wrist.

donde

Author: ethan1234 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Mission Olympia 2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13468 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/10/2013 11:33 AM
Recommendations: 4
I rarely post but I'm usually around. My longest position was KMP purchased around 1997 by my dad when I was 17. I sold it in December because of my tax situation and put the majority of the money in KMI. Over the years I had mostly reinvested the distributions but occasionally had them paid to cash.

1) My x position grew to 10x over 15 years
2) The units paid out 2x of my original investment
3) The distributions purchased multiple other stocks (pretty sure I should have just reinvested everything. Way too complicated to look back at what did well)
4) The distribution when i sold was about 0.5X of my initial investment.
5) CAGR was somewhere around 17%.

Ethan

p.s. I'm still thankful my parents taught me the value of building up a finacial engine and letting the money do the heavy lifting.

Author: ngcpa Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13498 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/11/2013 6:58 PM
<<< Earslookin and LiveFromHokins helded me stay informed. I don't think they post anymore. Too bad. >>>

Earslookin has been active lately on the REIT board:

http://boards.fool.com/equity-reit-preferred-index-20130202-...

Norm

Author: jkm929 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13543 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/13/2013 6:37 PM
I bought Wallace Murray on Sept. 12, 1975. In 1981 Wallace Murray was acquired by Household International and I received Household International convertible preferred with ten years of call protection. After ten years were up, Household called it in for redemption and I converted the shares to common. In 2003 Household International was acquired by HSBC and I received HSBC ADRs. Those ADRs have a basis of $.9074 a share.

jkm929

Author: Hohum777 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13547 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/14/2013 12:40 AM
I bought Wallace Murray on Sept. 12, 1975.

Nice result. But imagine if you had purchased shares in that other entity that starts with
"Wal" i.e. Walmart?

Author: jkm929 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13555 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/14/2013 1:28 PM
Recommendations: 0
Nice result. But imagine if you had purchased shares in that other entity that starts with
"Wal" i.e. Walmart?

Didn't know about it at the time. First heard of Walmart in the 1980s when someone who had been down South told me he was impressed when he walked into one of their stores and was greeted by a store employee.

jkm929

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13556 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/14/2013 1:53 PM
TIAA-CREF, max monthly contributions, double-matched, since Sept. 1975.

Longest held of current equities is HNZ, bought at $38.50 in Aug. 2009. News today is that Buffett (with 3G) is acquiring Heinz, thereby making this a solid double (incl. dividends), easily outpacing the benchmark averages.

Yay! ... but now, where to put the money? BRK?

Author: TMFHockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13562 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/14/2013 4:16 PM
TIAA-CREF, max monthly contributions, double-matched, since Sept. 1975.

TIAA always got the rap of being too conservative, but they still serve as the core of my investments. 30 years for me and 22 for DW (we both had excursions with non-TIAA companies or she with stay-at-home child rearing). I debate now about transferring the funds since I retired to my Vanguard account (where other rollover funds reside), but I like the advisor and analysis I get so much I haven't.

"double-matched" means 12-16% (or more?) per year for 38 years? Sweet! The magic of saving and compounding.

Bob
RYR Home Fool

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13563 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/14/2013 5:25 PM
The magic of saving and compounding.

I only taught for 4 years at a TIAA-CREF school, 1972-1976, but SUNYA put in 100% of the contribution. Now, that was sweet!

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13568 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/14/2013 9:03 PM
"double-matched" means 12-16% (or more?) per year for 38 years? Sweet! The magic of saving and compounding.

A-yup: 15 percent. The chairman at the time, a lovable but fierce Dutchman, advised me to check the box to get the full 5 percent deducted and double-matched by the university every month, even though retirement was probably the last thing on my mind.

It was. I had just turned 26.

"If you never see it, you'll never miss it," he said.

Sweet, indeed.

Author: NozRydr Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13599 of 19674
Subject: Re: Longest held position Date: 2/16/2013 11:21 AM
Other than QCOM it's MMP since early in last decade.

MF Income Investor introduced me to my longest held stocks other than Q. MMP, EPD, ARLP, VFC, SMJ

I've dripped them all the whole time and doubled my MMP position in 2010. $8K in two MMP purchases plus dividend reinvestment is now approaching $27K.

/saturday morning confessional/
been accumulating QCOM regularly since it went public in the early 90's. My wife and kids were riding around in a '$250,000' Chevy Beauville after it went on it's big run up in price.. At least that's what we called the van after seeing the "what if only we had held longer" value of the stock we sold to buy that used van. It was just a couple months later that QCOM had a monster run up in price. Ah well, we raised a family, enjoyed that van on long roadtrips/camping adventures and funded the home addition I built after hours to house our growing brood.

I can't monday morning quarterback all the right/wrong and missed opportunities of that QCOM holding. There were all those thin years of litigation and trading down in price. All the TA guys were hollering about each big move each additional year of flatline or loss.

I can't think too much about it or there'd be deep depression and melancholy at the end of that trail. /heh/ In any case, right or wrong, wise or foolish, Q's still my biggest long. The size of the dividends sort of snuck up on me. I rather delighted by those divi's of late.

I got a bit jiggy with my stock account in the late 90's. Mostly chasing growth and trading too much -- made some youthful mistakes, should have gone looking for adult supervision. Probably lost enough actual or opportunity to retire on by now. No worries. I enjoy my work.

Unloaded all my stock but QCOM almost exactly at the post 9/11 low in late October if I recollect. Yeah, capitulation it was. Took time off and held cash while I sobered up. Reentered by picking a couple Dodge and Cox funds that did well for me and helped my benefit/participate from the market recovery.

Held all my 401K funds through that though. What a ride down from 401K to 101K it was...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (40) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement