Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 442280  
Subject: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 12:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Almost did it again...saw a 'best of' titled "some people are just stupid". But before clicking on it I glanced at the board name (I did last time, too, but my click was faster...and then I got sucked in, sort of like watching a train wreck).

So I managed to NOT venture over there this time, and consequently didn't get sucked into reading another (likely) hateful and paranoid thread. But I did have a thought about the amusing irony of the thread title and the board it was on (campFIRE). Not that all denizens of that board are stupid. Some appear to be psychotic, talking about taking-out as many "lefties" as possible when society collapses (last time I clicked through).
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AdrianC Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414169 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 12:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dammit, I looked!

Here's our friend JR:

If a liberal gene could be found in fetuses, I think I might reconsider my opposition to abortion. Hey, I'm a pro-choice kind of guy. All for the greater good of course.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414171 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 1:02 PM
I was going to start (another) thread about this, but since you took a step in that direction anyway...I'll just continue.

Mental illness.

I used the term "psychotic", and I meant it. (Talking about doing a Charles Whitman impression is 'psychotic', IMO.) But both sides do that. How many times have we here said "conservatism is a mental illness", or "religion is a mental illness"? I know I've said the latter (and possibly the former, though I don't think so). Because I regard irrational adherence to something in the face of facts (e.g. 6000 yr old Earth) to be a sign of mental illness. Of course, I'm NOT a mental health professional, so what do I know? However, people like JR (whom you just mentioned) frequently say "liberalism is a mental disorder" too.

Setting aside for the moment the Charles Whitman wannabe, which is correct? Is either? Is there anything beyond the pejorative here? I've read some of the stuff on that "other" board, and it frankly comes across as violent, hateful, deranged paranoia and psychosis. Not all of it, but enough. Do we lay-persons have a built-in barometer for such things, or is it just that they are "different" and therefore "defective"? Clearly I would classify JR's assertion of left-wing mental stability to be the latter (as opposed to having a barometer of his own). I'm sure he feels the same about goofnoff and others (i.e. goofnoff's barometer is broken, his is correct).

1poorguy

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414176 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 1:48 PM
On the really offensive titles, I sometimes check to see how many rules were violated and then FA them. After, all the public can see the trash on these boards, not just a small group around a fire.

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414178 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 2:01 PM
Recommendations: 2
I'm sure that just feeds their paranoia. "Those libs are trying to silence us! They are afraid of the truth! Someone get my rifle! (Where's the nearest tower?!)".

Just sayin'...

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414179 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 2:08 PM
Recommendations: 6
I wish y'all would stop talking about them. As long as they are not peeing in my pool....

Author: n8larson Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414180 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 2:20 PM
Recommendations: 6
I'm working slowly toward this, right here:

http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi0yYjVhNTE...

-n8

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414191 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 3:55 PM
Almost did it again...saw a 'best of' titled "some people are just stupid".

That's not auspicious. I suppose I could start one entitled "Some people are just ignorant -- and determined to stay that way", but there wouldn't be much point.

rj

Author: rmhj Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414194 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 4:06 PM
1pg: I'm sure that just feeds their paranoia. "Those libs are trying to silence us! They are afraid of the truth! Someone get my rifle! (Where's the nearest tower?!)".

Their paranoia, probably, but it certainly feeds their persecution complex, which is apparently triggered whenever the law/government tells them they can't persecute or oppress someone.

rj

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414197 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 5:06 PM
I'm sure that just feeds their paranoia. "Those libs are trying to silence us! They are afraid of the truth! •••".

uh..... i'd guess there's an average of one thread per week on that subject.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 414199 of 442280
Subject: Re: looked before I lept! Date: 12/3/2012 5:11 PM
http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi0yYjVhNTE...

<shiver>

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement