Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mitchjl Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18155  
Subject: looking ahead Date: 11/25/2012 8:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://seekingalpha.com/article/998531-why-ford-stock-should...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBreakerRob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17267 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 11/25/2012 11:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
This is yet another inept Seeking Alpha "analysis", pointing out Ford's "high debt load"..... Incorrectly lumping in Ford Credit liabilities.

I guess shareholders should be glad that Ford can meet all debt payments if all the folks with car loans decide to collectively stop making payments! LOL. Keep moving folks... Don't waste your time over the horrible tragedy of so many electrons futily expending their energy on behalf of that article. ;)

Rob

Author: mitchjl Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17286 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/6/2012 7:53 PM
Rob:I judge you are not a"Seeking Alpha' fan.

Author: TMFBreakerRob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17287 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/7/2012 8:40 AM
Recommendations: 1
Rob:I judge you are not a"Seeking Alpha' fan. -- mitchjl

:)

Actually, I get a couple emails from them daily, so I can see what's being discussed. And I'll read those that interest me. Some of them are very, very good. Some of them are just excessive effort to create something only worthy of lining a bird cage.

It would be good if Seeking Alpha tried to improve the caliber of their articles, especially rejecting those that are merely efforts to sow fear by spreading lies. Fortunately, there aren't too many of the latter, but they can have a profound short term effect on share prices.

I also make a point of reading the comments. They're frequently insightful and I always encourage folks to check them out if they think an article is interesting.

Oh yeah! The site also is a great place to read transcripts of earnings calls.

Rob

Author: Philipo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17288 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/7/2012 9:22 AM
Recommendations: 1
"not a"Seeking Alpha' fan"

It's just another blog site AFIK. I can take or leave the content there.

Alternately this is suppose to be a discussion group and I think achieves that purpose when people actively participate vs only linking off site content.
B

Author: Philipo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17289 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/7/2012 9:24 AM
"I also make a point of reading the comments. They're frequently insightful and I always encourage folks to check them out if they think an article is interesting."

Ditto - commentary can often provide interesting counterpoints to the articles but I too find myself shrugging at a lot of the unqualified articles (bloggery).
B

Author: RHinCT Big gold star, 5000 posts Ticker Guide SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17290 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/7/2012 1:38 PM
Actually, I get a couple emails from them daily, so I can see what's being discussed. And I'll read those that interest me. Some of them are very, very good. Some of them are just excessive effort to create something only worthy of lining a bird cage.

I tried to form a mental image of Rob lining his bird cage with email, but my imagination failed me. 8-(

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17291 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/7/2012 11:01 PM
It's a virtual bird.

;)

Rob

Author: Philipo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17292 of 18155
Subject: Re: looking ahead Date: 12/8/2012 12:37 PM
"It's a virtual bird."

Or a real cage with an LCD floor (so that's what an ole 15" LCD monitor is good for ;-)
B

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement