Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Amazonaa Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19483  
Subject: Looking Ahead II Date: 7/4/2000 7:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello once again,

Thanks for all of the helpful advice in the Re's. If you happened to read my first post, I am the person thinking of renting my condo. I realized after reading the replies that I was a bit vague.

Additional reasons I have considered renting is
1) We live on the California coast and a few blocks from the beach.
2) The property values here have doubled in 5 years. 3) I have recently aquired my Real Estate license.
and 4) I already have experience in Property management(Just not my own property). So contrary to some of the well-meaning comments, I know that the Fair Housing Laws do not force a person to rent to bad tenants. My concern is more about the ROI considering taxes and Capital gains, as compared to Securities.

Please, if there is anyone out there who is familiar with the Out-of-control Real Estate Prices on the CA coast and has experience with the benefits of both Real Estate and Securities, I would appreciate your insight.

Thanks in advance.

Amazonaa

Print the post Back To Top
Author: jobobb One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4380 of 19483
Subject: Re: Looking Ahead II Date: 7/4/2000 9:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
If you happened to read my first post, I am the person thinking of renting my condo. I realized after reading the replies that I was a bit vague.

Yes, you most certainly were vague -- from your first post it appeared you were walking into this without a clue. Now you let on that you're a pro.

I have to admit, I'm rather annoyed that I wasted my time and effort drudging up some rather painful memories thinking that I was being helpful.

Thanks for the learning experience.

Author: Amazonaa Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4409 of 19483
Subject: Re: Looking Ahead II Date: 7/7/2000 2:14 PM
Recommendations: 0
Sorry for any hurt feelings.

The last thing I wanted to do is have someone relive a bad rental experience. I know you were just trying to help.

Amazonaa

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement