UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 883923  
Subject: Re: Poll: cataract surgery now or after age 65? Date: 10/10/2012 8:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Looking at how others drive, I'm still above average.
------
EVERYBODY believes this about themselves

Heh--I used to post that ;-)

I used to say I was an average driver or worse because when I had a long commute I usually kept up with the fastest traffic, and because it took me years to learn to parallel park with ease and often my straight-in parking was a wee bit crooked if still between the lines--that did improve with practice. My spatial reasoning is not outstanding--I always had trouble on those SAT/IQ/etc. tests when they provided a 3D figure rendered in 2D and asked which figure represents the original figure rotated horizontally or vertically. I used to leave those till the end of the test and then spend ages on them.

But because I recognize that my spatial reasoning is not outstanding, I drive more carefully, leaving extra room around my car whenever I can...although I've gotten more confident about tight places since moving to my current house with its tight 2-car garage (the house inspector called it a 1-car, but I can get my CR-V in when DH is already parked...without coming close to scraping his car, the tools hanging on the wall by my car, or the bicycles & beach chairs in front of me.

That said, I am driving even less than usual. I didn't drive all weekend, drove only to the ophthalmologist on Monday, didn't drive at all Tuesday and had DH do the one necessary errand on his way home. But I need to take my beach walk today, which I hate doing with others as I walk fast and in the water for exercise--and they saunter on the beach and get miffed. I'll go somewhere between 9:15-11am and hope that my achy knee is from skipping my walk for 2 days. I find I have troubles like that when I get either too little or too much exercise. A delicate balance, not so much resilience as even middle age, which my children informed me ended at age 62, despite my insistence that I have till 65--Don't get old, kids!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (36) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement