Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: goldminingXpert One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 256  
Subject: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/18/2012 3:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I don't mind that Tim Hanson made a bad call on Yongye and got sucked in by management's sweet talk and spin. I've fallen for stock scams in the past myself, it's a part of life.

What I do mind is that he wrote this nasty little article about me http://www.fool.com/investing/international/2011/02/10/the-c... . My report was not sloppily researched, and it was "serious" and "detailed" contrary to Mr. Hanson's assertions. Yongye's aggressive accounting practices have led to the stock's implosion over the past year.

It's one thing to be fantastically wrong on a pick -- like Mr. Hanson has been -- and another to go and defame critics who in fact were right. Had he investigated my claims when YONG still traded at $7, he could have saved himself face and his subscribers a lot of money.

Regards,

GMX (Ian Bezek)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mekong22 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 210 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/18/2012 4:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hey there Richard

I hope your bosses pay you as much for each post on the TMF boards as they do on the Yahoo board.

It won't be long till we see who was right and who was wrong on YONG.

Author: kidchicago2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 211 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/18/2012 4:09 PM
Recommendations: 5
Great to see you here. I'm always happy to get Deep Thoughts from recent college graduates. I've now placed you on Ignore though, so unfortunately I won't be hearing from you again. Best of luck.

Author: goldminingXpert One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 212 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/18/2012 4:20 PM
Recommendations: 2
Your loss. Listening to me last year would have saved you 60% of your money.

Author: mekong22 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 213 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/18/2012 4:41 PM
Funny how you respond to the name Richard, nice to see you're admitting to it

Two years from now I'll be very happy with my decision and I won't have missed out like all the fools that listened to you.

anyway, you are now officially on ignore

Author: 123spot Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 214 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/18/2012 8:31 PM
For those of you who might not get the "Richard" reference, look at Yahoo's message board for the trollings of Richard x Roe, aka Ian Bezek aka goldminingxpert -MF subscriber/ SA writer (find his bio there)/ YONG short. Spot

Author: projectchris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 216 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/19/2012 12:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
I don't mind that Tim Hanson made a bad call on Yongye and got sucked in by management's sweet talk and spin. I've fallen for stock scams in the past myself, it's a part of life.

You may ultimately be right with your call, but I would say it is a little premature to call victory now. Are you basing solely on stock price? On AR collections? The story hasn't played out to the fullest.

Author: goldminingXpert One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 217 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/19/2012 2:59 PM
Recommendations: 1
How many Chinese companies have survived an SEC inquiry and then a subsequent accounting issue? Not many, if any.

How many have been delisted? 40.

The odds are overwhelming in favor of this story playing out in an auditor resignation and delisting, as has happened to more than 3 dozen Chinese companies. This one could be different. But it is a suckers bet.

You might also want to look at the other stocks Hanson defended in his article, including China Education Alliance, which has now been delisted, and CMFO, which now is trading under a dollar and should be delisted shortly. Yongye would make it 3 for 3.

Author: penchy1 Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 218 of 256
Subject: Re: Looking forward to apology from Tim Hanson Date: 5/20/2012 8:44 PM
Recommendations: 0
And what spectacular loses do you have or have had? Any that you wish you had kept?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement