Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: 1newinvestor Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19  
Subject: Looks Good To Me Date: 5/17/1999 12:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello All,

Thought I'd post some lengthy thoughts in this message since this board is kind of slow.

Just purchased some of this stock after doing some research. Every site I go to the analyst pretty much give this stock a rating of a strong buy.

You look at the chart and see this share price is almost as low as it's ever been after peaking around $35. Sure growth estimates are nothing extraordinary but I feel the stock is currently undervalued. All EPS growth estimates are positive. The PEG ratio is less than 1. The tech stocks seem kind of risky right now. What better stock could you ask for. Last time I looked at a stock with a similar history it doubled in a month.

That stock was SAVLY. Now they had negative earnings estimates but next years growth is estimated at ~100%, but same situation. They started out about $9, peaked at around $60, then dropped to $7 over about a span of 4 years. I bought some at $7 and sold for an 85% return in about a month. It's too bad I didn't have too much of my portfolio in it because I thought the stock seemed kind of risky. I won't be so chicken next time and miss out on the good returns. I am definetly putting a much larger percentage of my portfolio in REMX than I did in SAVLY.

Anyway, I think REMX is a much better stock than SAVLY and I plan on them doing the same that SAVLY is doing within the year. REMX's balance sheet shows pretty good improvement from year to year.

People have shown they know about the company and have been willing to pay for it and I think they may get back in if they ever see how low the price is.

I just hope this stock has all ready hit its low.

This week hasn't shown much change in share price but look at how high the volume has been compared to the average.

I consider this to mean someone must be selling a huge amount of shares (compared to the average volume) at a given price and that is why the price hasn't risen (or fallen) much this week. For that person to sell, there has to be buyers, right? So, since the price isn't dropping on this above average trading, once all this persons shares are sold, hopefully this share price will start taking off. What's anyone elses take on this past week.

I think a price of ~$20 a share sounds reasonable. Afterall, this company continues to improve it's balance sheet even after it peaked at $35. It was just probably overvalued at that price, just as it seems undervalued now.

The current PEG ratio is about 0.46, the industry average is ~ 0.86 and I can't see why this stock doesn't hit that average. Assuming estimates are made, that would hit a price of $21 per share, which would be excellant. Using multiples of the whole industry sector, this stock price would sky rocket, but I doubt that will happen.

What's anyone else think about this stock.

1newinvestor

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement