No. of Recommendations: 0
I have recently changed employers and have a decision to make on my 401k plan. My new employer has none and my former employer has sent me a distributions packet that indicates I can rollover the amount to a new 401, seek distribution with penalties, or leave the money till retirement with no additional contributions allowed. I,m wondering what a fool would do? I also have a small IRA that I apparently can't contribute to either according to the IRS rule book because my income is above the 40 odd thou required. What is my best solution to get control of these accounts to benefit from the "gods of compound interest"?
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.