Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ccschafer150 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121341  
Subject: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Happy balloon day, Lorenzo!

Choc
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Wradical Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72742 of 121341
Subject: Re: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 1:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Happy Balloons, Lorenzo - 4 yrs.

Yesterday was 5 yrs. for me. You've got a red star and I don't. I must just be busier !?

-Bill

Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72743 of 121341
Subject: Re: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 1:39 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks to both, Choc and Radical Bill. It is indeed Balloon Day, though I didn't realize it until you pointed it out.

You've got a red star and I don't. I must just be busier !?

Actually, it probably means that I'm retired and you're not. Or maybe that you have a life and I don't.

Lorenzo

Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72744 of 121341
Subject: Re: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 1:47 PM
Choc -

Just noticed - you're in Ketchikan? Small world, I was just there. In mid-June, wife and I took an Alaskan cruise, and Ketchikan was the last port on the trip from Seward to Vancouver. Nice, picturesque little town, though I'll bet it doesn't support a large number of CPAs. I thought Creek Street was pretty neat, notwithstanding its slightly unsavory past.

Lorenzo

Author: ptheland Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72745 of 121341
Subject: Re: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 1:49 PM
Actually, it probably means that I'm retired

But you're not retired. You're the President of the First Bank of Lorenzo. That's a very impressive job title. There must be lots of duties associated with that. <grin>

--Peter

Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72746 of 121341
Subject: Re: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 2:01 PM
Recommendations: 3
You're the President of the First Bank of Lorenzo. That's a very impressive job title. There must be lots of duties associated with that.

True enough. But's it's not a very large bank. There's just a single depositor and several clients who frequently attempt to withdraw from the account. I might resort to giving away free toasters or something to attract new deposits.

Lorenzo

Author: ccschafer150 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 72748 of 121341
Subject: Re: lorenzo Date: 8/6/2004 4:23 PM
Lorenzo,

[[In mid-June, wife and I took an Alaskan cruise, and Ketchikan was the last port on the trip from Seward to Vancouver. Nice, picturesque little town, though I'll bet it doesn't support a large number of CPAs.]]

There aren't a lot of CPAs in town, maybe 10 of us.

[I thought Creek Street was pretty neat, notwithstanding its slightly unsavory past.]]

My old office overlooked Ketchikan Creek and I could see the tourists wandering up and down Creek Street. My new office is on the street side of the same building and now quite a few folks come in to ask tourist-type questions. Every once in a while somebody stops in as s/he is a CPA or somebody I've taken a class(CPE) with in Bellevue, WA shows up. The tourism isn't a bad industry as most ships show up in the morning and leave before bedtime and we get the town pretty much to ourselves October through April.

Stop in if you ever come back!

Choc

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement