UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 884995  
Subject: Loss of a pet Date: 10/28/2012 1:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
We lost one of our two pet kitties today. She had suffered some recently, went to the vet's yesterday for some shots and a look-see, but died this morning. Sad to lose her, but she is in a better place now.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868471 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/28/2012 2:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm so sorry to hear that. My elderly kitty has been declining for some time, and it's hard to watch them fail, I'm sure you must miss her.

Hugs.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868475 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/28/2012 3:42 PM
sorry about your kitty RV. My condolences.

The wonderful folks at the Pet Lover's Board are very supportive related to all animal issues.

LD

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868476 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/28/2012 4:01 PM
Thanks, all.

Author: Donna405 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868477 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/28/2012 5:01 PM
RV, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes, kitty is in a better place now.

Donna

Author: LOTROQueen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868479 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/28/2012 11:29 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, RV.

Author: voelkels Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868480 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 7:17 AM
Sorry about your loss RV, we lost two of our cats last summer to coyotes. We are now down to one cat, Miss Rat , from the six we had a 7 or 6 years ago.
;-(

C.J.V. - when she goes, no more pets for us, no

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868481 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 7:47 AM
So sorry to hear about your kitty, RV. Such a hard part of having pets.

cm

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868483 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 8:50 AM
cm:

Thanks.

Hard part was my wife petting her and having her purr at 6:00 a.m., and then me getting up and finding the kitty gone at 6:45!

Vermonter

Author: LaraAmber Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868485 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 10:07 AM
Hard part was my wife petting her and having her purr at 6:00 a.m., and then me getting up and finding the kitty gone at 6:45!

It sounds like she wasn't in any pain towards the end. Take comfort in that. When my cat Bart died he was in kidney failure and we put him down right before Christmas because we could tell he was suffering too much to wait for nature to take its course.

Lara Amber

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868486 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 10:37 AM
The cat had had very bad gums for a long time, and she seemed to be bleeding some from her mouth on Saturday. The vet had had to remove a tumor from her breast a couple of months earlier, however, so she suspected the blood may have been coming from the cat's lungs due to cancer spreading there.

Thanks again for everyone's condolences.

Vermonter

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868487 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 3:07 PM
... we lost two of our cats last summer to coyotes.

Do they allow coyote hunting in your area?

Without controls coyotes (and all other wild things) expand their populations until disease or starvation brings things back into line.

Author: voelkels Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868488 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 5:24 PM
Recommendations: 1
“... we lost two of our cats last summer to coyotes.”

Do they allow coyote hunting in your area?

We aren’t supposed to discharge a firearm within the subdivision, no. That rule, however, is generally ignored by about 85% or 80% of the residents. My neighbor, across the street, is a reserve deputy in the parish’s sheriff department. He has the ideal property as it slopes down in the back to a little creek that separates it from a horse farm. I would love to set up a electronic call about halfway between his back door and the creek, which is about 100 yards away. I figures that I could set on his patio with a starlight scope and the 5.56 SIG or one of my 22-250s and reduce the coyote population reel good, me.
;-)

C.J.V. - his neighbor to the south shot 3 of them one night with a pistol while his wife’s dog was doing his business, him

Author: joikim Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868493 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/29/2012 10:49 PM
Vermonter,
That is so sad, it is so hard to lose our little furry friends. Mine are like my kids. My sympathy goes out to you and your family.
JK

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868507 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 10/31/2012 1:51 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868545 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 11/3/2012 5:13 PM
Recommendations: 2
We lost one of our two pet kitties today. She had suffered some recently, went to the vet's yesterday for some shots and a look-see, but died this morning. Sad to lose her, but she is in a better place now.

I'm so sorry. But remember, the only way to avoid loss is never to love -- that would, indeed, be a sad and sorry life.

I have a little vision, perhaps silly. I'm not sure if I unconditionally believe it or not. I adopted my first cat 42 years ago so many cats have given me great sorrow when they left me, all too soon no matter how many years they stayed. I envision all those many cats sitting on a cloud, with my mother, patiently waiting for me. When I arrive, many years from now (I hope), I will spend several centuries hugging each in turn.

Your little cat will, I'm sure, patiently wait for you.

There is no way to talk about cats and come off sounding sane.

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868585 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 11/6/2012 10:17 AM
We both shed a tear when we read your reply, Dorothy... We've lost several over the years, too. I buried our pet out near the hedge on our lawn. It was a labor of love, considering the enormous amounts of shale, rocks and roots I had to dig through before placing her down in there, in a box we lovingly placed her in.

Vermonter

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868587 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 11/6/2012 2:15 PM
I miss my Hobbes. He was an enormous (tall and wide) orange male tomcat (why do the orange males get so dang big?) He was around 18 lbs, but healthy, till one day he just stopped eating. Kidneys. We have no clue why. Only 7 years old. Had to put him down.

Miss the big old lump.

My condolences.

SG

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 868594 of 884995
Subject: Re: Loss of a pet Date: 11/6/2012 3:57 PM
Sorry, SG. No matter their age, it always hurts. We've lost many in our 50 years of marriage!

Even if it was a lot of work burying our Lily yesterday, in a box, wrapped in her special old towel she always slept on...!

Vermonter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (19) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement