UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: billjam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75799  
Subject: Louis Rukeyser's Program to End Date: 10/8/2004 5:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
In a letter to viewers today Louis Rukeyser announced he will not return to his TV show. He has asked CNBC to end production by the end of the year. As a viewer for more than 30 years I will greatly miss him and the show. Lou's wit and wisdom, as well as that of his panelists and guests, have been invaluable in the education of this investor.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 2old4bs Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42669 of 75799
Subject: Re: Louis Rukeyser's Program to End Date: 10/11/2004 7:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As a viewer for more than 30 years I will greatly miss him and the show.

Me too! Both he and his panelists seemed less prone than others to jump on every latest tidbit of news and suggest that it would introduce a paradigm shift. His calm and often humorous manner, along with the economic insights and stock-picking strategies of his guests, were a force that helped keep me balanced and calm in light of ever-changing economic news.

2old

Author: gogreengo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42675 of 75799
Subject: Re: Louis Rukeyser's Program to End Date: 10/11/2004 12:34 PM
Why is it ending? I think I heard that he had some health issues. Anybody know what's up?

I too have enjoyed his shows.

Author: kingmaddmaxx Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42677 of 75799
Subject: Re: Louis Rukeyser's Program to End Date: 10/11/2004 2:42 PM
Louis has been battling cancer and has recently experienced "complications" during the treatment process. I believe that he knows that it is, unfortunately, only a matter of time until he won't have the option of returning to his own show.

Author: preben Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42709 of 75799
Subject: Re: Louis Rukeyser's Program to End Date: 10/14/2004 4:01 AM
Recommendations: 1
I enjoyed the show but found Lou stiff and with no charm what so ever.
My main enjoyment was the graphs initially showing the week in gain/losses. Nice to see a week view rather than the daily CNBC rants. The initial monolog was also a decent recap of the week. The guests mostly silly mutual fund managers picking stocks underperforming the market as usual (believe the stats are on CNBC homepage - not pretty).
I wish him well.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement