Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Durnib Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 1:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
In contrast to the "Fears", here are some of my loves. The things that bring a smile to my face. I was gonna list five, then ten, but I figured I would stop at twenty. I could have kept going...

1. Making, and eating, French Toast with cinammon and vanilla.
2. Smoking a cigar while listening to Pink Floyd
3. Making a pot of coffee and having it come out PERFECT
4. Watching Singin' in the Rain whenever I'm feeling down or Beauty and the Beast every February 6th.
5. Listening to the tapes my ex-gf's have made me
6. Reading Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings
7. Late night conversations over a cup of tea.
8. Hearing my friends call be "Bri" or "b."
9. Reading "I wandered lonely as a cloud" by William Wordsworth
10. Ordering two hot dogs and a bag of peanuts at Yankee Stadium.
11. Knowing all the words to a song - "Would you like to wish on a star?"
12. Sitting on the beach in the early evening
13. Having that first sip of a cold beer, in my favorite bar, after a long week.
14. Spending St. Patrick's Day with the same two guys every year. ("It's a long day.")
15. Pistachio ice cream
16. New York City at Christmas
17. Singing along to Simon & Garfunkel on the radio
18. Three day Fourth of July parties.
19. Reading my favorite children's story - "The Dancing Man"
20. Guinness.

-b, I've got a little black book with my poems in
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: brudre One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9316 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 6:37 AM
Recommendations: 0
I certainly didnt think fears would generate so much conversation, thats neat.

Hmmm, loves,, ok,, in no particular order.
1. Mint chocolate chip ice cream
2. Mother's animal cookies my newest addiction
3. Purple sunsets and sunrises
4. SEX
5. The feel of a crisply struck golf shot,, very rare very sweet.
6. The female body, especially if it is accompanied by long flowing hair
7. Watching Michael Jordan play hoops
8. Watching Tiger Woods play golf
9. Any good book
10. Sex
11. Good SEX
12.Watching my stocks appreciate
13. Guiness
14. Black and Tans
15. SEX SEX SEX SEX
16. Hanging out with my buddies from high school, and ragging on each other
17. Traveling anywhere
18. Talking to my mom, one of my best friends
19. PAYDAY
20. Did I mention SEX?

Author: Burgshous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9317 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 6:40 AM
2. Smoking a cigar while listening to Pink Floyd

Hmm, a cigar, huh? Right.

Why is this so good? I know what you mean, though.

20. Guinness.

Amen to that, brother.

Mike
I have to think on this topic for a little while.

Author: kamusha Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9318 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 6:45 AM
16. New York City at Christmas

b,

I hope you get to enjoy London at Christmas this year, or will you fly back to NY.

Chris

Author: kamusha Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9319 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 6:47 AM
20. Did I mention SEX?

Several times. LOL

Author: Burgshous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9321 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 8:24 AM
Recommendations: 1
Loves:

1. A deserted beach on a clear night.
2. Shooting pool really good all night.
3. Building and sitting around a campfire.
4. Going back to see all my friends in Pittsburgh.
5. Seeing a good band in a tiny little dive bar.
6. Lazy Sunday mornings spent in bed with that special woman.
7. Singing old punk songs in my roommates practice studio.
8. Feeling appreciated at work.
9. Getting that out-of-the-blue phone call from a friend.
10. Learning new things.
11. Meeting Fools at Murphy's (just a little plug :-)
12. Watching a really cool lightning storm.
13. A nice slice of pizza with Frank's RedHot Sauce.
14. Finding out that someone you're really into is really into you, too.
15. The natural waterslides at Ohiopyle, PA.
16. Three Rivers Stadium parking lot at 8 AM on the day of a Steeler game.
17. Kevin Smith movies.
18. Getting to the stage where I can enjoy all the good points of being single.
19. Vacations- anywhere, anytime.
20. And to steal one from -b, Guinness. mmm, mmm, good.

Mike

Author: bdennis Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9323 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 8:52 AM
1. Travel to anywhere new and exciting
2. Being in the airport waiting to get on the plane that will take me somewhere new and exciting
3. The laughter of my two daughters when they are in a bath
4. Sitting on the patio at sunset
5. Really good jazz
6. Anticipation
7. When I hit the "compile" button and the program actually works!
8. Fog
9. The sound of a train whistle in the distance early in the morning
10. The feeling of warmth from the fireplace on a cold winter evening
11. The smell in the air after a thunderstorm
12. A rose covered with dew

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9324 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 9:44 AM
OK, a lot of mine have been mentioned, so I guess great minds think alike!

1. Traveling - anywhere - love to just drop everything and go
2. The beach at night
3. The sound that snow makes when it is falling at night
4. Guinness :)
5. Meeting people and feeling like you have known them forever
6. Shooting pool, and hopefully well
7. Well, of course, sex, which is in the middle of the list to see if you are paying attention
8. Walking around the lake across the street from my house.
9. Watching the 4 year old wild child on my street become completely mesmerized by my cat
10. Early summer mornings
11. Sleeping in with that special person
12. Good coffee, and even better, good irish coffee
13. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
14. That incredible rush when your eyes lock with someone on the other side of a room and the hair on the back of your neck stands up
15. Baskin Robbins Chocolate Chip ice cream
16. Sunday brunch with mimosas

I am sure there are more, I just can't think of them right now! :)

Cindy

Author: sandert Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9327 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 10:07 AM
4. ...or Beauty and the Beast every February 6th.

So you celebrate Ronald Reagan's birthday also?

Nice list, of course half of those make my worst days:)

Todd
I hate it when my friends call my "b"

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9329 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 10:43 AM
In no particular order, I love:

1. Travelling - Airplane or Car
2. The smell of freshly cut grass and clean laundry
3. Good wine
4. Irish Coffee
5. Italian Food
6. Massages (giving and receiving)
7. Music
8. Family and Friends
9. Pets
10. Reading
11. Sightseeing
12. Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
13. Good Sex... and Romance
14. Nice Surprises
15. Planned Spontaneity
16. The pictures my daughter draws for me
17. Rollercoasters
18. Swimming
19. Flowers
20. NYC at Christmas (also)

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9334 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 11:15 AM
Things I love:

1. When I'm struggling to explain something (in writing) and suddenly it clicks and I'm on and I write like flowing water.

2. When I'm able to really focus and be fully present while giving a massage and the client can do the same thing. It's a rush like no other.

3. Going to sleep with my head nestled on DocuHubby's shoulder. Naps are extra special.

4. Getting a neck rub!

5. Rocky Road Ice Cream, funnel cakes, and baked coconut custard pies.

6. Listening to my Grandma laugh.

7. A long walk in the woods. It was best when Grandma still had the stamina to go with me.

8. Sitting on the beach in the dark (OK, I'm just second'ing someone else's nomination of this one.)

9. Being caught by suprise on a warm spring day by the smell of honeysuckle.

10. Playing with a puppy when they're all fat and squirmy. Kittens run a very close second.

11. Getting lost in a good book.

12. Girl-gab sessions with my best ladies that make us lose track of time.

13. Cooking with my niece and nephew.

14. Swooshing down a big hill on my bike (OK, it's a mix of joy and terror).

15. Swimming. The way sunlight looks underwater. The silence of water whoosing past my ears while I swim.

16. The "thunk" of a perfectly returned volleyball serve (both loved and rare!).

17. A good massage that makes me turn to jello.

18. Music that I will play over and over and over and over: Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D (minor?). "The Yee Haw Factor" by Bela Fleck & the Flecktones. Beethoven's Toccatta something or another(OK, I can't remember the actual title). "You're the One" by Bruce Springsteen. "Get Up John" performed by Ricky Skaggs.

19. Dancing with complete abandon (thank God for Motown!).

20. Doodling.

Kelly

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9341 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 11:38 AM
Loves....

1) My kittens, especially when they're purring
2) My doggie, especially when I walk in the door and she gets all excited to see me and runs all over the house (She lives with my parents).
3) My dad reciting "Gunga Din" for me
4) Silly 80s pop music
5) Bumming around the French Quarter
6) Seeing a really good band playing live
7) seeing friends & family
8) hanging out with my friends (even when I am totally WIPED the next day because of it)
9) Going places I've never been to before
10) wandering around Rome. (Yes, Italy)

I am sure I could list plenty more, but I think I will stop there.

Kaiti

Author: Moonbucks Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9342 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 11:39 AM
1. The sun on my face in the morning
2. The cat insisting on finding a way onto my lap in the evening
3. Looking at myriad, brilliantly-hued flowers in gardens or in untended fields
4. Getting something I value repaired... and having it work reliably again
5. Observing all the the things that various people are good at.. and becoming a part of that in the act of observation
6. Warm bodies of water... bath,jacuzzi, pools, oceans
7. Being extremely fond of someone who is extremely fond of me
8. Knowing that things usually have a way of working out for the best for all concerned.
9. Learning something new, by accident
10. Understanding how the world turns a little better
11. Finding an incredible bargain
12. Helping someone change their life for the better
13. Watching a man prepare my meal. (yep- it is really primal)
14. Listening to the neighbors murmer, as they light torches and candles on a hot, brown-out August night
15. Noticing all the wildlife where I live..that soften and disrupt the interstices of freeway concrete and tarmac.

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9349 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 12:13 PM
Well, there are a lot of repeats that would be on my list, but here's a couple of additions:

1) The complete, unconditional, and totally incredible love my dog gives me. Someone once said, people get so attached to dogs (pets) because they provide just this type of love -- the type of love that we seek from other people.

2) Returning that love to my dog. I'm one of the best things that's happened to her (she was a stray) and she's one of the best things that's happened to me.

3) Driving down the road at 75mph with the windows down, the sun shining, and Jimmy Buffett playing VERY loudly.

4) Seeing my daughter smile and hearing her laugh. If only I could REMEMBER the feelings of utter joy, contentment and amazement that I had as an infant -- the same things I can see in her face right now.

5) Lying in bed with my wife ... all snuggled up... and just talking. I wish she could stay awake longer. :-) I really cherish those times.

6) When not participating in #5; lying in bed and thinking. Thinking about everything and nothing. I love all those thoughts that are so clear in your head in the darkness but fade into fuzziness when the light of day hits. It's so easy to solve the problems of the world. If only ....

7) I have to repeat -b's: the very first drag on an ice cold beer -- man that's good.

8) A good cigar (with the ice cold beer from #7) and a great conversation.

9) Learning something new every day. Doesn't matter if I'll ever use it -- it's the learning that's soooo cool.

10) Recieving a sincere, heartfelt compliment from someone I respect.

11) Recieving a "thank you" from someone I respect after I've given them a sincere, heartfeld compliment.

12) Crab Legs. With Lots of Butter.

13) Fresh seafood on the beach at sunset. Ahhhhhhh....

14) My Mom's Frozen chocolate chip cookies.

15) Learning something new about my wife, a friend, or anyone that I care about.

16) Creating something (doesn't matter what) that makes someone's life better or gives someone pleasure.

17) Wearing shorts 12 months a year (even in the snow).

18) St. Louis Blues hockey.

19) Being surprised.

20) Surprising someone.

21) Being a father.. No. Being a Dad.

Well, this could go on and on.... It's a very good psychological exercise, I would suspect, to do this.

Thanks for indulging me.

B*Mann

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9350 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 12:18 PM
OK, I'll throw a few of mine out here:

Riding my bike with friends.

Playing Soccer in a park.

Camping on a cool evening.

Seeing close friends.

Having close friends call just to BS.

Watching a good hockey game.

Traveling just about anywhere.

Elvis.

Hiking in REAL mountains and finding the perfect spot where no one is around and just loafing about enjoying the scenery.

First kisses, Second kisses, etc.

Having friends that take one look at me and know exactly what I'm thinking without having to ask.

"These are a few of my favorite things..."
catdaddy

Author: kathcolo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9351 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 12:29 PM
My turn
1) When both of my sons are home for dinner and we eat as a family.
2) When either of my sons call me "Mama". Just something in their tone that tells me they need and love me dearly
3) When all of boys friends are over for a BBQ with Matt and Mike's "cool mom"
4) Gonna get slammed again but, a VERY cold bottle of Coors Light on a hot day
5) I love when my dad surprises me with a shrimp stuffed tomato to take to work for lunch
6) Quiet time with just me

Kath
loves her boys

Author: Burgshous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9356 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 1:11 PM
Cindy:

4. Guinness :)

Wow, we got you hooked, huh? Already on the love list!

Ya got good taste.

Mike

Author: TMFDocumama Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9358 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 1:25 PM
Loves II. Y'all got me started and now I can't stop!

21. Fresh summer fruit--peaches, blueberries, and strawberries especially.

22. Catching fireflies.

23. Flirting with someone when you both know it's innocent. Flirting with someone when you both know it might go somewhere (but you're not particulary worried about the outcome).

24. Zoning out on the beach when the sun is just hot enough and the sound of the waves is hypnotic.

25. Discovering new bookstores. Spending a lot of time wandering through any bookstore (chain or otherwise). The smell and sound of a good bookstore. The smell of a new book (I know I'm not the only one here who sniffs new books!).

26. The sense of peace at the end of a good worship service. The utter absurdity of faith in the eyes of the pastor when she raises the host and says "the body of Christ, given for you".

27. The feeling of warm mud between my toes. Socks warm out of the dryer.

28. Brewing a proper cup of tea and drinking it while reading the paper on a snowy Saturday morning. While wearing a flannel shirt.

29. The riot of color at a farmer's market. The abundance of a good produce section. Mastering a new recipe.

30. Taking a nap on a warm afternoon on the weekend at my parents and falling asleep listening to the low buzz of voices downstairs. Waking up on a cold morning (before the farmhouse got central heat) nustled into the valley in the mattress under several pounds of blankets to the sound of Grandma making breakfast.

Kelly

Author: tori26 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9359 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 1:30 PM
Recommendations: 2

Interesting list coming up with this:

1. Watching the sunrise while on my deck drinking a perfect cup of coffee made by my partner of 11.5 years.

2. Using my outdoor shower rain or shine, (something about hotwater and cold rain touching your skin at the same time.)

3. Walking on my treadmill whie watching movies.

4. Being woken up during the night and making love.

5. Being snowed in - then taking pictures of the snow.

6. Beef Stew that has simmered on my wood stove all day.

7. Watching the black bears walk around my house.

8. Feeding the wild turkeys and deer in the winter.

9. Fresh bread baking in the oven.

10. Lunch or brunch with good friends ( and finally finding out what pork steak really is.)

11. vacations and antiquing

12. taking photos with my camera of wildlife and plants.

13 - canoeing on a quiet lake

14 - Watching the moonrise over a calm lake, campfire behind me, loons singing softly. It always amazes me to see that golden pathway and feeling like I could walk on it to touch the moon....

Just a few that give me great memories...

Linda

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9360 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 1:35 PM
24. Zoning out on the beach when the sun is just hot enough and the sound of the waves is hypnotic.

Better yet -- Zoning out at Jazzfest, listening to some great music by somebody you've never heard of before, just after stuffing yourself with some real good food. :-)

Talk about mellowing oneself into oblivion... No chemicals required, but crawfish do help... :-)

Kaiti
gotta go again next year.

Author: tori26 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9361 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 1:49 PM
Talk about mellowing oneself into oblivion... No chemicals required, but crawfish do help... :-)

crawfish pie is WONDERFUL adds to the flavor of New Orleans!

Linda

Author: JohnnyX Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9363 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 2:27 PM
14. Finding out that someone you're really into is really into you, too.

Amen to that!

Mr. X

Author: Durnib Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9367 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 2:50 PM
Hmm, a cigar, huh? Right.

Yes. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

The idea is that something so simple as a good cup of coffee can bring a smile to my face. So many things go into making coffee, that it rarely comes out the same every time. The type used, amount used, type of water, temperature of the water, amount of water, type of sugar, amount of sugar, etc... Most times I just make my coffee and do what I do. But when it comes out perfect, it just makes me grin. And I savor it that much more.

KWIM?

-b

Author: Burgshous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9370 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 3:02 PM
me:

-b:

The idea is that something so simple as a good cup of coffee can bring a smile to my face. So many things go into making coffee, that it rarely comes out the same every time. The type used, amount used, type of water, temperature of the water, amount of water, type of sugar, amount of sugar, etc... Most times I just make my coffee and do what I do. But when it comes
out perfect, it just makes me grin. And I savor it that much more.

KWIM?

Yeah -b, I do. My question was meant to come out rhetorical. I love it when I get the coffee just right, but I wonder why such a simple seeming operation is so hard to duplicate daily.

Mike

Author: jaguardeer One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9372 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 3:02 PM
The Nevada sky at night. So many stars...

Being the last one awake around a campfire and prodding the coals to get that one last flame to pop up again.

Listening to Marty Robbins in the jeep when I went camping with dad.

Licking the bowl after moms done making cookies.

The cocked head look my dogs give when I ask them about a "riiide" or "waaalk".

Old people reminiscing.

The rush you get after you jumping bail

Heroes.

Watching my stocks go up.

The smile on my parents face when I go home to visit.

Watching a scary movie with a pretty lady.

Snuggling with someone I care for.

Running in shackles being shot at, WOO HOO!

Handcuffs >=)

jag

Author: Durnib Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9373 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 3:09 PM
Yeah -b, I do. My question was meant to come out rhetorical. I love it when I get the coffee just right, but I wonder why such a simple seeming operation is so hard to duplicate daily.

I know. I used to think the same thing about beer. I always figured that beer was basically beer, but wine was the complicated thing. As I've grown older, and more educated, I've realized that while the ingrediants in making beer might be simple, there are soooo many varieties. And to use the example we had in our lists, there are sooo many different pints of Guinness Stout. You would think that every pint would be the same, but it isn't.

Sometimes the simplest things can be so complicated.

-b

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9376 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 3:24 PM
I have enjoyed the fears thread, this one should be even better.

Things I love (in no particular order):

1. The ocean
2. The mountains
3. Seattle (the best of both of the above)
4. Family get togethers
5. An evening with friends
6. Golf, golf, golf
7. Food….particularly breads or pastries
8. Convertible ride at night
9. The Motley Fool and these boards
10. Sailing
11. Fishing
12. Going for a walk in the snow
13. Standing alone in the crisp morning air watching the sun rise
14. Watching the humming birds at the feeder
15. Listening to the frogs at night
16. Hugging trees
17. Reading science fiction/fantasy books
18. Learning something new
19. Laughing at a good joke
20. And of course…The Rams!!!

Author: FOOLOPATH Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9377 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 3:26 PM
Some of my loves are...

1. A full Autumn Moon set low on the horizon.
2. Sunrise at Bar Harbor.
3. Sunset at Del Mar.
4. The sound of a soft moan.
5. A gentle caress.
6. Waves crashing over me on the breakers.
7. Lobster in drawn butter.
8. Albinoni's Adagio.
9. High speed on an open highway.
10. Fall foliage in New Hampshire.

Frank(Thanks for the thread -b)

Author: tori26 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9382 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 3:59 PM
Recommendations: 2
okay, I thought of more....

15. - Watching Movies...

16. - Working to bring in the stray black cat, trying to build his trust.

17 - watching the baby woodpeckers coming to the bird feeders and realising they have no control over their flying and they may land on you because they are in such shock at flying...

18. - BRONCOS FOOTBALL TEAM

19 - Sunshine on my head when I'm working in my flower gardens

20. - A good sci-fi/ sci-fantasy book

21. - chatting with friends by phone or IMing them

22. - Campfires - (I could spend hours just watching the flames dance.)

23. - trying new recipes

24. - Guessing shapes in cloud formations

25. - Howling into the night from my deck, listening to the coyotes respond back (good thing my closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away)

26. - Watching football with my partner, my brother and sister-in-law and having a cookout at the same time...

27. - Watching the wind move up the side of the mountain in swirling patterns from my office window.

28. - Learning something new about myself and life around me everyday....

29. - Chasing 2 of my 3 cats around the house in a mad game of wild kitty tag, collapsing on the floor and having them climb on top of me for lot's of loving and petting....

Just a few more loves....

Linda

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9385 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 4:13 PM
More loves...

- Being curled up on the sofa in front of a fireplace with someone
- A really good nap on a lazy Saturday afternoon
- Picking someone up at the airport
- Having someone waiting at the gate for you at the airport
- The feeling that you are not letting life pass you by
- Phone calls that are not from telemarketers
- Snuggling under down comforters in the dead of winter
- When the sun hits the lake at just the right angle and it all sparkles like diamonds
- Watching birds learn how to fly
- Watching the reaction of my cats when a pair of ducks decides to stroll across my front lawn

Cindy

Author: doug10000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9405 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/17/2000 9:58 PM
here are a few more

mountain sunsets during the winter

the first ski run in the morning when the slopes are quiet

sun filled mornings after a day of hiking in the rain

seeing so many stars that you can't pick out any constellations

hitting that one golf each round shot that convinces me that maybe I can play the game

watching thunderstorms at the beach

waking up to an unexpected snowfall

doug10000

Author: TheExpertNovice Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9419 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/18/2000 11:21 AM
3) Driving down the road at 75mph with the windows down, the sun shining, and Jimmy Buffett playing VERY loudly.

4) Seeing my daughter smile and hearing her laugh. If only I could REMEMBER the feelings of utter joy, contentment and amazement that I had as an infant -- the same things I can see in her face right now.

21) Being a father.. No. Being a Dad.

Hey, slow down dad. Even when they are not in the car your kids are counting on you to come home safe.

Personally speaking, my wife has attributes that I will never have (well, probably not)... do I want those attributes a part of my life? Heck yes!

You want male breasts? Yuck

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9421 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/18/2000 12:04 PM
Well, now...

I said I LOVE doing it, but like so many things I love doing -- I don't get to do it that often! I know what you mean, though... I'm not a "road rage" driver to the worst degree, but I'm only a few notches below that. It's something I'm desperately trying to get better at -- for the very reason you cite.

Male breasts, eh? Well, my wife does have lovely ones... (hehehehehe) But -- haven't you heard? Breasts on men are worth about $100k, if you have friends that will bet you that much that you won't get them and keep them for a year!

B*Mann

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9441 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/18/2000 6:36 PM
4. SEX
10. Sex
11. Good SEX
15. SEX SEX SEX SEX
20. Did I mention SEX?

ummmmm

budre,

should we talk?

Rav
Agrees with all above

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9442 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/18/2000 6:39 PM
Hey Rav, too many Lattes, or is this a Ravathon?

Ascaris

(Ravathon - isn't that the Energizer bunnies competition?)

Author: CindyC72 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9446 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/19/2000 10:40 AM
A few more...

- Waking up early on a beautiful Saturday morning without benefit of the alarm clock because you got a really good nights sleep
- A sugar raised doughnut and a good cup of coffee
- Someone who says, "Please, ladies first" and lets you in line
- Spotting a hummingbird in the backyard
- Paying cash
- The challenge of trying to type with a cat in your lap

Cindy

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9492 of 44390
Subject: Re: Loves Date: 8/21/2000 2:16 PM
- The challenge of trying to type with a cat in your lap

Better yet, the challenge of trying to get out of bed with a purring cat napping on top of you.

Even better, giving up and staying in bed. :-)

Kaiti

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement