Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: clyk Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20015  
Subject: Low Savings Rate as a nation Date: 7/4/2001 11:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Has David considered the affect of taxes on savings. When 40% of one's income is taken as one form of taxes or another, it is difficult for a younger person with a family to save.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7030 of 20015
Subject: Re: Low Savings Rate as a nation Date: 7/4/2001 12:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
clyk asks,

Has David considered the affect of taxes on savings. When 40% of one's income is taken as one form of taxes or another, it is difficult for a younger person with a family to save.

Taxes are about the same in Japan, yet young families save at a much higher rate.

intercst

Author: Pegasus0 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7036 of 20015
Subject: Re: Low Savings Rate as a nation Date: 7/4/2001 6:57 PM
Recommendations: 2
It's really about choices - you can have anything that you want - but not everything - bigger house, more expensive car... or maybe more money for a retirement... sooner?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement