Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HermanPotter Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121565  
Subject: lowering EFC for college Date: 5/30/2011 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Using a EFC(expected family contribution)calculator to estimate the cost of our kids' college education, I am a little disappointed that our home equity, and other investments raise our EFC so high.
We have a little family business that is very efficient so that we are able to save and invest in SA stocks. We would like to be more elgible for scholarships. Is there a way not to be so penalized for being so frugal?
Thanks, John
Print the post Back To Top
Author: aj485 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 113468 of 121565
Subject: Re: lowering EFC for college Date: 5/30/2011 12:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Using a EFC(expected family contribution)calculator to estimate the cost of our kids' college education, I am a little disappointed that our home equity, and other investments raise our EFC so high.
We have a little family business that is very efficient so that we are able to save and invest in SA stocks. We would like to be more elgible for scholarships. Is there a way not to be so penalized for being so frugal?

Your question is probably more of a question for the "Paying for College" board: http://boards.fool.com/paying-for-college-100157.aspx

AJ

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement