UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 745022  
Subject: Lowest common denominator Date: 10/15/2012 2:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
>> French President François Hollande has said he will end homework as part of a series of reforms to overhaul the country’s education system.

And the reason he wants to ban homework?
He doesn’t think it is fair that some kids get help from their parents at home while children who come from disadvantaged families don’t <<
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2012/10/...

arrete
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648939 of 745022
Subject: Re: Lowest common denominator Date: 10/15/2012 2:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
What if parents decide to just do extra work with their kids anyway? Is he going to outlaw that too?

How about just passing a law making anything unfair in life illegal? Yeah, that should do it...

The worst part is that it won't be long before someone in the US says, "Hey, that Hollande guy's idea about banning homework is brilliant!" In fact I could see it happening here in Ann Arbor. I'd almost bet money on it.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648947 of 745022
Subject: Re: Lowest common denominator Date: 10/15/2012 3:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
What if parents decide to just do extra work with their kids anyway? Is he going to outlaw that too?

How about just passing a law making anything unfair in life illegal? Yeah, that should do it...

The worst part is that it won't be long before someone in the US says, "Hey, that Hollande guy's idea about banning homework is brilliant!" In fact I could see it happening here in Ann Arbor. I'd almost bet money on it.

Wouldn't it also be required to stop these same parents from working with their children when they were at home giving them an obvious advantage?

Hmmmm, let's see, what was the last time you can remember the folks in power stopping parents from teaching their kids to read, or for that matter learning to do it themselves?

No I do not see any real link between the two, and I also do not believe in any way that unintentional consequences of unimaginable dimensions the often the result of government stupidity when try to create equal results.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648972 of 745022
Subject: Re: Lowest common denominator Date: 10/15/2012 6:18 PM
Recommendations: 0
LMAO.

You can't make this stuff up.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648973 of 745022
Subject: Re: Lowest common denominator Date: 10/15/2012 6:19 PM
Recommendations: 1
LOL.

Feed junior a cookie for doing his Algebra correctly.

LEFTISTS PUT YOU IN PRISON.

Molest junior.

ACLU and the Left to your rescue.

JediG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement