UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: stevekmd1 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1107  
Subject: LPL FInancial Date: 8/21/2010 9:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is there any one who can tell me about their experience with LPL Financial and how they compare to a discount broker. Our advisor is suggesting we move all our accounts to them but there is not much available on line so I am a little skeptical.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: nedludd Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1095 of 1107
Subject: Re: LPL FInancial Date: 9/2/2010 10:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
LPL (formerly Linsco/Private Ledger) is the largest independent broker in the country, with about 12,000 brokers and 2500 back office. They basically provide back office support for a fee to brokers, as well as providing an RIA framework and trust services. They also provide brokerage platforms to a lot of the community banks.

Their major competition is Raymond James, which has a somewhat similar model. The biggest key here will be the advisor. LPL provides the structure for the advisor to conduct his/her business. They have no propreitary products, shelf space agreements, etc.

Check out the firm at http://www.finra.org/Investors/ToolsCalculators/BrokerCheck/...
Do this for anyone you will be dealing with.

If you are dealing with an SEC registered RIA (LPL would qualify) check them at http://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov/(S(lwtbaobd53plje3vcpb5wl45))...

These sites will let you know of any actions taken by FINRA or the SEC regarding the individual advisor or the company.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement