No. of Recommendations: 1
<all of these revelations just prove what we all know, boys will be boys>

Once again, we can search back back through the Seinfeld universe to see that the subject has been broached there. Maybe the Barron or BHM can pull up some exact quotes, but I will retrieve this one from my memory banks.

Jerry and George were trying to get their pilot approved by NBC. They met with an executive who would have power over whether things moved forward or not. They were talking with him in his apartment when he got violently ill and ran to the bathroom. While Jerry and George remained sitting on the couch, the executive's teenage daughter came in. After some small talk, she leaned over to pick something up off of the coffee table. Jerry noticed her cleavage and gave George a poke. Unfortunately, instead of simply peeking, George stared a bit too long. The father came out and said something like "Did you get a good view Costanza?". The pilot was off.

Later on back at Jerry's place Elaine tells George that he shouldn't be looking at the cleavage of a 16 year old. That's when Jerry explains to her that all of this occurs on "a molecular level". IOW, rational thought did not enter into the equation.

At that point Jerry enlists Elaine's help to get the pilot back on track. They arrange for her to interact with the NBC executive at his favorite restaurant while showing off her charms. It eventually works and the pilot was back on, although there were plenty of complications that ensued.

Sometimes that show was able to show a lot of larger truths through humor. The Elaine character was hardly a strong example of moral authority. She had huge character flaws too. She showed that she could be every bit as shallow and immature as the guys in her circle. I guess it comes down to not just IF one draws a proverbial line regarding their personal behavior, but where they draw that line.

I don't see George Costanza as ever being someone that voters would pick in any election.

BG
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement