Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
<Given the way you feel about NJ, why stay there?>

I have lived here since I was 2 years old. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly up close over the years.

My comments were directed at how poorly the state is run financially. That part cannot be seriously disputed. If one focuses their entire attention on that, I agree it would make little sense to stay there. Believe it or not, NJ does have a few positive points that fall outside of economic issues.

By contrast, there are a number of states in the USA that are run very well, but I would never want to live in them. I do like Florida and have been there more times than I can count over the years. I can envision living there at some point. Even so, I don't see it as a perfect place either. No place is.

I also have some family issues/obligations that have kept me here in NJ.

Being a long term resident allows one to honestly evaluate and discuss the shortcomings of your place of residence. Anyone voluntarily coming to live here for the first time would do well to think long and hard before doing so. That is especially true if they are thinking of opening a business in NJ. If one is coming here through a job transfer, it can be a rewarding experience. I would suggest that one doing so consider renting rather than buying.

BG
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement