UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: gurdison Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740067  
Subject: Re: I wish I knew before I retired. Date: 8/2/2000 2:01 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
<How red-faced am I......So sorry for not knowing the correct etiquette. Now the entire world knows that this is the very first time I posted anything on a discussion board....Thanks for all the good suggestions.>

You posted your reply while I was writing mine so it looks like my last post was in response to yours when it wasn't. Since you clarified your initial response, I feel that I should do likewise. All new posters are welcome. You will find that most people here have a genuine desire to help eachother and to learn from others on the board.

When someone new asks for help the way you did, it comes across as using the board for a quick personal economic gain (much like a spammer). Many FOOLS agreed with me. Since a number also feel I may have been too defensive or unfriendly, you have my apologies. The more information you provide will help you get better responses. Filling out your profile is also a big help. Many FOOLS find that they have some things in common (field of work, company, schools attended, musical interest, stock holdings, etc).

As to your original intent, I think you may be on the wrong board. The Retired FOOLS board has many more discussions revolving around traditional retirement issues. This boards theme is for people who have or are planning on retiring EARLY (as in their 30's, 40's and 50's). While some issues do overlap, a 35 year old looking to retire in five years in not counting on social security the way a traditional 65 year old retiree would be. We do have a number of people over 60 who provide very useful input on their experiences, but the main context is still non-traditional retirement.

BRG

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement