No. of Recommendations: 0
<I have a 401K from a previous employer invested with Fidelty. Can I roll this over into a plan that will allow me to invest in stocks ( i.e. Foolish Four) and if so please feel free to make suggestions on reliable custodians for the funds.>

Sure, provided you are a former employee and not a current employee. You can roll the 401K over into any IRA you have. If you have none, you can start one at any broker that is willing to accept your business (most are) on the terms you will be satisfied with. You seem to want (wisely, Foolishly) to have a self-directed plan, and most brokers will be only too happy to accomodate you and your money. It seems to me that Ameritrade is presently the cheapest ($8/trade, irrespective of the number of shares, provided you do it on the Internet; limit orders $5 more).
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.