Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< A little wet behind the ears here but can anyone tell me the best way to start a Roth Ira? Banks seem limited as to what they invest in. Perhaps a discount broker, but which one? How do you know which ones are discount vs. full service? Any suggestions or recommendations? >>

My suggestion, because of the types of questions you're asking and the nearness of April 17 (assuming you're talking about a 1999 contribution), would be an index mutual fund. You could then take some time to study the 13 Foolish Steps for investing, which would help you answer your questions. You can roll the account to a brokerage when you know what you're doing.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.