UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: synchronicity Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960838  
Subject: Re: Dean's Anti-Political Wife Date: 1/14/2004 10:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 102
<< I do not know her reasons, but it is not normal behaviour in my opinion. >>

Exactly right. It's strange, and you have to wonder what's going on....Dean likes to hide the situation behind this "I won't drag my wife around to be a prop for my campaign" stuff, but I find that less to be than convincing.

After all, Dean looks twitchy enough as it is.

Oh fer cryin' out loud!!

When Clinton ran for (and was later elected) president, we heard countless criticisms of Hillary, an intelligent independent thinking woman who was constantly castigated by a number of conservatives as being too involved with her husband's job and for being too much in the public eye and too forceful in her statements.

Now we have Howard Dean's wife, who stays out of the spotlight and has her own life (as a respected physician, apparently), and what do we hear? "it is not normal behaviour".

Sorry that you don't find it "normal" or find Dean's words about it "less [to be (sic)] than convincing". Don't tell me, if a candidate has a wife that is a stay at home wife and leans on her husband's shoulder all the time, we'd probably hear something about that, too.

Of all the slimy, repugnant, ill-considered, close-minded, outright sleazy innuendos. I mean:"A bad relationship with one's spouse can adversely affect a person in a number of ways"? Yeah, it's not enough to attack their political beliefs or make the standard comments about Dean being less-than honest or that he'll lead the country to ruin and so on. No, now we have to attack his marriage because, well, because apparently he doesn't have an (R) after his name.

"Mr. Cynic" my *ss. Try Mr. "I worship the current administration but will spare no effort to denigrate any of their perceived opponents".

-synchronicity
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (34) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement