No. of Recommendations: 0
<< I have a full time job where I receive W-2s and participate in company 401k plan. In addtion, I also contribute to Roth IRA. I have a freelance job outside of the office and receive 1099s for which I have to pay self-employment tax. Now, my question is, can I create an SEP IRA and take advantage of tax benefits on top of 401k and Roth IRA ? >>

Yes. Check out IRS Publication 560, which you can download from

Phil Marti
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.